Ten hidden gems for under £1,000

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger_

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/News/Top-Ten-hidden-gems-for-a-grand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAT IS IT?
It might just be a tweaked Ford Fiesta underneath but the Puma's got a punchy 1.7-litre engine and a stylish design. It thrives on revs and just asks to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck and driven hard. It's even cheap to run as it's based on the Fiesta. Just check the cambelt's been done as it can cost up to £300.

See the mk1 MX5 is on the list. I am really tempted to get one of these, prices are pretty cheap at the moment and their are alot about for around the £1000 mark, with a pretty active forum and abundant spares etc. Not sure wether to keep the Puma or sell, or sell the motorbike to fund the purchase, don't know if the wife will let me have two cars :cry:

thfc said:
Keep the Puma. Sell the bike lol

Quite tempted I will get at least a grand for the bike and I am not getting any younger, back causing me grief these days. Might have to look at insurance quotes for a multi car policy.

AndyW said:
2 cars is the future :cool:

Stumbling block is that we will have 3 Cars! Have a Mazda 6 to ferry 3 kids about and the puma

to ferry 2 more every other weekend. Puma is only 4 seater coupe which is cheap to run (I think?).

MX5 would be good for weekends in the summer on the weekends when we have no kids. Perhaps I could look at a limited mileage policy for summer use only.

im going to combine the best bits of 2 on that list....puma and mondeo v6...muhahahahaha!

ianv5 said:
AndyW said:

Stumbling block is that we will have 3 Cars! Have a Mazda 6 to ferry 3 kids about and the puma

to ferry 2 more every other weekend. Puma is only 4 seater coupe which is cheap to run (I think?).

MX5 would be good for weekends in the summer on the weekends when we have no kids. Perhaps I could look at a limited mileage policy for summer use only.

Put all 3 on Admiral Multicar. Insure the Mazda for about 2K a year :)

thfc said:
ianv5 said:
AndyW said:

Put all 3 on Admiral Multicar. Insure the Mazda for about 2K a year :)

Might give that try.

Mind you I have just done a bit of research into purchasing one and the dreaded rust in the sills and rear arches has raised its head! looks like it can be worse than Pumas rusty arches!!!!!

What bike do you have? I think I remember you saying before but I've probably forgotten.

thfc said:

Wash your mouth out!!!!

Sell the bike.....the thought depresses me even though I ain't seen it and it's not mine.

A true biker always has a bike whether he intends to ride it or not....ever....lol.

Mines been sat since 99 now and I'd never sell it unless I had a replacement to sit in teh same spot (and de-value to zero like my current one)...lol.

red said:
What bike do you have? I think I remember you saying before but I've probably forgotten.

I have a ZX7R P5 on a W reg with 18k on the clock in black. Bought it for a song back in November 2010 after buying a cbr400 for £450 and selling for £1500!!!! :grin:

yippeekiay said:
thfc said:

Wash your mouth out!!!!

Sell the bike.....the thought depresses me even though I ain't seen it and it's not mine.

A true biker always has a bike whether he intends to ride it or not....ever....lol.

Mines been sat since 99 now and I'd never sell it unless I had a replacement to sit in teh same spot (and de-value to zero like my current one)...lol.

Couldn't you put a mountain bike in it's place ;) lol

That will please hubby he has a 2.6 omega while i have the puma, :lol: :lol:

Back