That bloody rocker cover gasket

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidders

My cambelt was done recently and at the same time, the rocker cover gasket was replaced with an aftermarket item.

All has seemed ok for the past month but then i noticed a drip of oil after the engine had stopped running, it appears on the left hand side of the sump near the crank pulley. Closer inspection and you can see evidence of oil on the lower cam cover and also the bottom of the PAS pump bracket but nothing visible down the back of the engine on that side. The side closest to the geabox is definitely weep out though!

Do they often leak right near the cam pulley side, down the back of the cam cover? Genuine gasket on its on with some high temp sealer for good luck, bloody things!

To answer my own question yes it had a stealth leak behind the exhaust cam pulley side, dropping right down the back. OEM gasket with some hi temp black silicone (suitable for continuous oil immersion) seems to have worked for now.

They leak where ever they feel like it, mine was stealthily leaking in to the spark plug wells.

Latest posts

Back