The 911 replacement saga

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oilburner said:
I'm seriously torn between a Type S diesel, a Type R or a Focus ST225 I hate choices!

That St225 was another on my list, but the wife moaned the tax was too much, I can't win as her daily is a Clio dci at £30 per year!

As is our final choice. That is a very attractive level of VED :)

I give you Mrs XIIVVX and Monique the Megane

1399436_10152280302238242_1609054816_o.jpg

1277780_10152280303228242_267708172_o.jpg

She's delighted. The thing with all the bollox about French car reliability is that the residuals are awful. I reckon we would have had to pay four or five thousand more for an identically age and spec Scirocco.

Lovely interior on this one, full leather. Bizarre instrument cluster and labyrinthine UI for the built in Sat Nav / Trip Computer thingy.

I am sure she'll enjoy it, and I'll quite like having the Jagdeo back for the few miles I do when the load carrying capacity of the UTE isn't needed.

Great looking cars (obviously better in RenaultSport spec), but a good choice :eek:k:

car_photo_308530_7.jpg

Sandra wouldn't appreciate the difference, and the 1.5 (106hp) diesel gives a combined fuel economy well over 60mpg, which, with her 70 mile commute, will make a lot of difference to the household budget, even before you take into account the low VED.

But I saw the RenaultSport and they look exceedingly tasty cars.

Nice one Rob, I'm still running my older megane and it's not all that bad other than it not liking the cold..

Looks like that one's a nice model!

WoooHooo !!!!

This is turning into a real moneysaver

How much for a years tax AND insurance?

Less than £180 :grin:

Nice car and colour choice! They do look great in White, I have a soft spot for the S line in met blue was looking at one when we were considering a Dacia Duster, but at £24k seemed a little steep, possibly in 3 years time!

I know people knock Renaults but my wife's 10 reg Clio Dci is a cracking car with a super engine and cheap as chips to tax and run, she loves it.

I test drove a Honda Civic 2.2 cdti that is an impressive power plant made the Puma feel slow & put a smile on my face, thinking motoring will be fun again after the Puma.

FordFan said:
... but at £24k seemed a little steep, possibly in 3 years time!

I know people knock Renaults ....

The beauty of people knocking the brand, and French cars in general, is that the residual is appalling.

With just 40,000 on the clock I haggled the Megane down to £8,300. An equivalent Sirocco is still closer to £13,000.

So yes, I guess in three years you could be there

That is a great deal.

My wife's was a Pre reg 2 months old with 32 miles on the clock we paid £9100 which was a steal. I rang around other dealers and their advice was to rip their hand off run it for a year and sell it on for free motoring but the wife loves it.

Wow! That was a no-brainer.

The truth is that unless you are prepared to either not use a car, or to put a lot of time in on it, any car will cost you money.

Eventually you just get to the stage of shrugging your shoulders and opening your wallet.

But as you say, you could have had a years free motoring but you like the car. Same happened with the 996. I had planned just to hold onto it for two years, knowing it would have dropped about six thousand in that time. Instead I kept it for nearly four and took close to a ten thousand hit

But it was worth every penny ! ! :grin:

Sometimes money isn't everything.

Tomorrow I part with my puma as I am getting a 2006 Civic 2.2cdti ES almost the same shade as the medium steel blue. 59k on the clock, 1 owner from new, fsh, full leather, heated seats, new tyres brakes discs / pads, taxed until June with a personal plate worth 1k & near spotless. It is owned by an elderly gentleman who needed to make space on his drive for a new vehicle & have agreed on £4k plus my puma.

I am happy and he is happy to have the abs sensors repaired and new ticket placed on her next month, as he needed a vehicle for his daughter urgently a long story. So pleased she will be kept running & I will miss the Puma but my boys need more space in the back.

Back