The fairy tale didn't last long

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubberjohnson

Hi
New owner, just introducing myself. And relating my tale of woe...

Bought a black 1.7l '99 model four weeks ago, stuck on a set of new tyres a week later (there was a different one on each corner! No wonder it was pulling to the left... :D ). Magic. Enjoying getting to know the new car.

Then...

One week ago someone at work reversed a little six-wheeler "gator" into it - punched a hole right through my rear quarter panel, although everything else escaped. :(
Price for repair at the main Ford place nearest me: £1500 estimate (it's a welded in panel, the windows bonded within it, blend in the paintwork, etc.). That's only £200 less than the car cost! Hey ho, I'm not paying; my work mate's trying to get the company to stump up the cash, otherwise it's down to him.

Wonder if it's worth getting other quotes? I just get the feeling that panels may be hard(ish) to come by since the Puma's not manufactured any more. Maybe you lot can set me straight on this one (although it is a bit off topic).

Anyhoo, hello all. Hopefully better news to impart next post!

Cheers

Alreetyho matey!! :D

aww such a shame that this has happened... hopefully they'll pay and you'll be back on the road in no time :)

Welcome from another black Kat owner :)

Get a quote from a non Ford place. Get opinions from friends as to where does a good job.

I had a quote for body work that was £300 ish at a renowned bodyshop and £640 at a Ford garage for the same work.

Hi welcome to the site :)

Correct the rear quarters aren't made any more.

Good luck getting it all sorted out :D

Similar thing just happened to me, unfortunate twist is the coachworks found evidence of an unofficial and below par fix to the front that would need further repairs to fix, plus the worry of what ever else can't be seen!

I wish you luck and if you have a receipt keep it handy so they don't stuff you on the value of the car.

Back