the latest plans

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we are nearly there, chris at lightning is building the new engine and we plan to install it end of the month.....this will be going into 418...also fitting 6 pot racing brakes and 330 rotors....should help me stop the old girl...not sure if I need bigger rear brakes at the moment...will have to try it and see...wondering if any ford two pot cailpers will fit...

I am hoping that this car will be my test mule...I will try her with the ib5 box and see how long she lasts...I am also wondering about the suspension set up...will look into fitting lowered suspension...

Once 418 is done the engine out of 418 is getting a full steel bottom end and going to 250 bhp which is then going into 023 with nitrous included. this car will stay standard on all other features and we will see if its a reliable enough car to use everyday...

the engine out of her will then get a full steel workover and go into 0419. My assumption by the time we get to 0419 is that I will have decided if the IB5 box is good enough for long term use...if not then I will use 419 as the mule to try the mtx boxes. I should then have at least three fast FRP's...

el dude said:
paulob1 said:
...still cant help but wonder if more power will spoil the car

That would depend on how well the 'whole package' is setup i imagine...

good geometry and premium tyres certainly make a bigger difference than more "power" :idea:
How good are the bushes and dampers etc?

Chris

all are polybushed and with newish, less than a year old std dampers...but std suspension with the bigger engines may not be ideal...will wait and see...nearly there.

Back