The puma evolved... TOTALLY UPDATED WITH COLOR CHANGE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spark

Right guys, heres my new updated w.i.p

Ford Puma 2001
1.7 16v vct
46k on clock,
started life with me like this
biwl02.jpg

after a little time i decided to lower it 'cuz we all know they look like they're on stilts!!, and i sprayed the wheels black
which looked like this..
21ay1a9.jpg

so after a bit of time i started doing little bits and bobs, tidying it up etc,
got myself a cone filter, u know all the chav sh*te. i decided on a color scheme of black gray and green.
this..
2w5qbtg.jpg

I was happy with that for a while, so after doing that, i decided i needed some more green detailing.
so i got the monster stickers that everyone knows the car by and a cold air feed i sprayed green..
29lh0qp.jpg

Again, that kept my happy for... about a week. LOL.
so while i was at my old work doin jack sh*t i decided to remove my seats and bits..
hs74sl.jpg

Everyone knows, soon as you strip the intrior.. it looks silly unless you have some fat bucket seats..
so i set about some buckets, but i didnt find any i liked except the racing puma...
sparco with blue alcantra fabric and leather bolsters.. i wouldn't stop till i had some....
THEN I SAW THE PRICE!
£600+ for an ok condition pair!! i soon found out they are rare.
BUT...
2ep3gr6.jpg

BOOM! when i found these i messaged the guy, clearly didnt know what he had as he sold them to me for £300, and after a good clean they was pretty mint!.
but now i had buckets and i stripped interior.. i needed harnesses.. a strut brace..
the list was endless!, so...

wcd5bo.jpg

I treat myself to some 3 point sparco harnesses and got my old boy to fabricate me a rear brace up..

after all this it was starting to turn more into a track car, so i went and had a look about coilovers, different wheels, front strut brace loads of bits... and guess what..

547w3d.jpg

yup, i bought the lot, AP coilovers, e- tech front brace, 8k hid's, some bright green induction hose to go with the green air filter the missus got me and some fiesta zetec s wheels, oh and some yoko prada spec 2 rubber
along with 4-2-1 manifold/de cat with race tube and back box
theres prob bits ive forgot tbh but hey lol...

so after all that i was really happy with it but still wanted more, wanted to be different.. stand out from the crowd
so i went wild...
8ycndj.jpg

did little things like this

ibc3s2.jpg

2nb7ccz.jpg

and this on the dash, the button was for omex launch control, wich as moast of you will know how it sounded, like a machine gun lol, unfortunately omex went .. but to be replaced with something better in future.

After reading on the racing puma specs, and the obvious body difference i found alot that i wanted off one..
so AGAIN i searched high and low for a rear axle, not only for the brake set up to discs to get rid of the ugly drums, but the widened track width of 40mm!!..

yes... i found one!..

1692r9k.jpg

£400 lighter, i should have just bought a bloody racing puma!, but then it wouldnt be a wip!...

2cni8uq.jpg

so me and Mr Burton pulled the old axle off and fitted the new one.. what a difference it made in stopping and overall rear end performance!!

After fitting it all and plumbing the brake lines back in, i decided i wanted to paint all the calipers kawasaki green..
so i did lol...

286rads.jpg

i knew my clutch was starting to get fairly weak so i set about changing it to the 1.8 / 2.0 focus cluch
as its bigger and has more contact through smaller inside dia,
after giving Mr gough a hand on his car he let me use his garage.. BAD IDEA!
got the box out and clutch.. along with a puddle of oil i had to roll around in after!..

ztwvp2.jpg

picture of the clutch, i didnt take one so ive had to steal it off james as he took my advice and did the same lol, cheers dude

fwuexv.jpg

few other bits i did while i was filthy was port and polish the throttle body, (pic somewhere ill find it soon) while i took moast of it apart i cleaned the whole inlet out to look like this

2eap7hv.jpg

here a couple of pics i have to upload purely because i love them,

8wns.jpg

Little elliot loving it :p

5b1tar.jpg

the last pic, the puma and the bumble bov ever got,
R.I.P Bumble Bov

At Santa Pod, the puma and the bov
xp8pz5.jpg

right on with whats happened fairly recently,
as some of you will know shes goin in for re spray in a different color,
while i was doing moast of the prep, i decided i needed to cut the rear arches out and replace with stainless, to stop that annoying rust for good!, along with a nice set or fiesta rs bonnet vents...

2zgf61g.jpg

the stainless arches to be welded in to stop that nasty ford syndrome - RUST!.

2vl9sac.jpg

2pzbnls.jpg

as u can see its all being sanded down and ready for primer

a1r6np.jpg

the bumpers off the car again sanded and half primed

35mh08j.jpg

all the car primed with the roof sprayed black

rr8bhw.jpg

sprayed awaiting re build and polish up...

1194ieu.jpg

how it looked when i picked it up

34dg195.jpg

fitted the bonnet pins

2u8cqkn.jpg

got the wife to clean my windows lol

261lora.jpg

tarted my cold air feed up,
and this is how she looks today

heres a video of the omex set at 4k a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-e70GArPfI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

still more in the pipeline yet, keep posted

Great project, looks like a nice theme!

For me personally it's too low at the back but it's your preference :grin:

I'm not too keen on the 'lowness' either, reminds me of this;

89315.1986.Citroen.CX.jpg

:lol: :lol: Looks good otherwise :grin:

I saw you on Grimsby Rd today :D I pointed out your wheels to my boyfriend!!

I love the colour scheme.

Thanks guys and girls. Shall keep posting bits ill be doing over the time

thanks badger if your around grimsby again give me a beep :grin:

Lol thanks guys, I am now doing more bits under the bonnet, custom inlet on the cards with remap to suit :)

i actually quite like that, looks like the green that came on the other european cars.

RS turbo vents are win aswell!

What shade of green is it? it looks lighter than the electric green used on european cars but it could just be the camera or the light making me think that

Thanks, the pics really don't do it justice, the vents was a spur of the moment thing with turbo in mind lol.
The colour is Mazda spirited green, it looks different in every pic lol
Thanks for feedback guys :)
I'll keep posting updates

Lol, cheers big al, bishop it stops at engine bay, Altho I have sprayed the complete inside shell and under bonnet black, there are pics I havnt uploaded yet to show it better, I will asap :)

Latest posts

Back