Thunder alloy wheel question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejames

my wife managed to clip a curb last night and although having driven the car home i don`t think there is any damage underneath the tyre is shot and i`m not sure the wheel is repairable - are the wheels on a Thunder common to any other ford or am i going to have problems finding another?

as always thanks in advance

My first thought is that you might struggle to be honest.

Although the the Thunder alloys look the same as Fiesta Zetec S ones, it's only a visual similarity, as they're a completely different offset, and they're the only ones I can think of.

I'm pretty sure they are specific to the puma, as although they are the same design as the fiesta zetec S the offset is wrong, I think it should be about ET35 but they are ET48 I believe. So you might have to do a bit of searching or buy a new replacement one from ford.

(found this the hard way)

Cherie said:
My first thought is that you might struggle to be honest.

Although the the Thunder alloys look the same as Fiesta Zetec S ones, it's only a visual similarity, as they're a completely different offset, and they're the only ones I can think of.

They look completely different if you look at them side by side.

For re-furbishing a gouged wheel try BJV Engineering at Flaunden, near Hemel Hempstead. Tricky to find but they have a website with directions. I can highly recommend them since they refurb'd a set of five very old and tatty 9-spokes for me.
Excellent job and very, very reasonable priced.

Y0ungn1ck said:
For re-furbishing a gouged wheel try BJV Engineering at Flaunden, near Hemel Hempstead. Tricky to find but they have a website with directions. I can highly recommend them since they refurb'd a set of five very old and tatty 9-spokes for me.
Excellent job and very, very reasonable priced.

thanks mate, i may well do that if the one i`m going to see on saturday can`t help

Back