To be or not to be..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViRIDI

Hey all,

So I know this is going to divide opinion, but I am thinking about going with this for my Puma 😲

I understand its going to be big on the pumas small back. I've had a bit of a measure up today if I remember correctly it's about 2" both sides wider than the S1600 F2 spoiler. It's going to be high enough and if its going to look to wide I'll look else where.

Any opinion's or advice is appreciated, I know it will not be everyone's cup of tea but I am set on this style 😎

Attachments

• 61HXhKG3XvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61HXhKG3XvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
My son in law had one that looks very similar but not on a Puma. The fittings for the end plates screw into a channel which runs the whole length of the spoiler, it's not threaded, the screws cut their own thread as they go in, so, you can cut the lenth of the spoiler down to suit the width of your car. Don't know if this one is exactly the same but worth looking into before ordering.

As to opinions on whether you should or not. It's YOUR car, you do whatever YOU like to it! Don't do, or not do, things because other people like/don't like them.

Hey all,

So I know this is going to divide opinion, but I am thinking about going with this for my Puma 😲

I understand its going to be big on the pumas small back. I've had a bit of a measure up today if I remember correctly it's about 2" both sides wider than the S1600 F2 spoiler. It's going to be high enough and if its going to look to wide I'll look else where.

Any opinion's or advice is appreciated, I know it will not be everyone's cup of tea but I am set on this style 😎
I might be a little boring but I tend to like my cars pretty much standard.
I'm all for diversity though, and as Phil says it's your car, so go for it.
Be good to see some pictures when finished.

Cheers Mach 👍🏻

I ordered it over the weekend and it arrived today. I managed to pick up a Stoffler front lip, a set of sides skirts and a few other bits. I'm planning to start the work on it over the weekend. I'll get a few photos up as I am going along 😊

So...... I’ve given it a quick coat and offered it up to see what it looks like 😁 I am not going to lie when I was looking at it before, I was like "Come on, this is WAY to big!" but I have to say I likes it.... I no its not going to be everyone cuppa tea.

Got the alloys sprayed black and had popped on the RallySport visor on - This was a nightmare!!! 😳 Each letter of the visor where individual so this took a lot of time and for a man that has abused my body over the years and in my late 30's my hands are not as steady as they used to be so LOADS of fun 😪

She is off to get the four arches and inner & outer sills done. Rear brake lines where an issue at last MOT so getting braided ones done also when she is away. 😬

I also have a set of side skirts and below is a picture of the Stoffler front lip extension. I've got set of Angel Eyes fogs to drop in there and a set RS vents for the bonnet. 7" touch screen to replace the original radio however, took out the original today and it was hardwired in and have no idea about the wiring so this will be fun, if any one has any wiring diagrams that would be super helpful? It is a strange one though as the main wire seem to be Orange and black and green and black so am lost with this currently. Can pop up a pic of what I have if it is any help. :unsure:

I will pop up more pictures and updates as we move along (y)

Attachments

• Puma offered spolier .jpg
    Puma offered spolier .jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Lip & Skirts orig.jpg
    Puma - Lip & Skirts orig.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Front lip 1.jpg
    Puma - Front lip 1.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Front lip 2.jpg
    Puma - Front lip 2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Front lip 3.jpg
    Puma - Front lip 3.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Front lip 4.jpg
    Puma - Front lip 4.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Puma - Front lip 5.jpg
    Puma - Front lip 5.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Just in case anyone does go with a spoiler like this... To get it symmetrical the rear wiper needs to be removed.

It will be about half an inch out with the wiper in place so Grommet ordered (37mm) and will update once its on and spoiler installed fully 😁

And one last quick one for all you experts 😁 I am looking for clear side repeaters, i've read that the transit ones fit, is this true and are these the best ones?

Link --> Transit Side Repeaters

Not wonderful photos and i will track back and show how i got to this point soon (loads of pictures). 😁

Skirts have been removed as she is gone for arches and sills today. This got delayed for a number of reasons but happy she is gone now as there is only a very small bit of bubbling on two of the arches but i see it every time i look at the car. 🤦‍♂️

The "issue" i am having at the moment is the back of the car. To be fair i love how it is turning out. I love it from every angle. What i would really love is some sort of back bumper extension but from my searching i just cant find anything. I've found some very heavy modified rear bumpers (Max Power style) but they are too much i think. Anyone any ideas? 🤷‍♂️ I am not to bad with my hands so i had a rear diffuser from a seat Ibiza hanging around! As you do 😁 I've attached a picture, obviously it would need work mainly reversing the exhaust inlet groove but would be happy with crafting something like this but i am very open to suggestion

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_211533.jpg
    IMG_20230830_211533.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230830_211328.jpg
    IMG_20230830_211328.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230830_211435.jpg
    IMG_20230830_211435.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 1
  • Seat rear diff.jpg
    Seat rear diff.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 1
Not wonderful photos and i will track back and show how i got to this point soon (loads of pictures). 😁

Skirts have been removed as she is gone for arches and sills today. This got delayed for a number of reasons but happy she is gone now as there is only a very small bit of bubbling on two of the arches but i see it every time i look at the car. 🤦‍♂️

The "issue" i am having at the moment is the back of the car. To be fair i love how it is turning out. I love it from every angle. What i would really love is some sort of back bumper extension but from my searching i just cant find anything. I've found some very heavy modified rear bumpers (Max Power style) but they are too much i think. Anyone any ideas? 🤷‍♂️ I am not to bad with my hands so i had a rear diffuser from a seat Ibiza hanging around! As you do 😁 I've attached a picture, obviously it would need work mainly reversing the exhaust inlet groove but would be happy with crafting something like this but i am very open to suggestion
your build looks awesome! I really like the contrast you have

Back