Torrents (books)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P7TNY

Alright folks,

I know it’s naughty but does any one have any links to torrent sites that allow books to be downloaded. Obviously the knowledge shared will be passed on to a friend of mine. The lad I know has been given a comprehensive reading list, the books are hard to find in public libraries and demand is very high at the Uni. These books are £30 plus, if the lad was to buy purchase all books on the list you’re looking at FRP kind of money.

Regards a friend of a hard up student
:p

After consulting my book guru (Cherie) she seems to think that 'course' books are going to be very few and far between, even on torrents.

Torrents in themselves are not illegal as long as you only download freeware software, or public access books etc. Downloading illegally copied subject matter is illegal however so ProjectPuma cannot condone such activities and assumes your request is for legal purposes.

Your best place would be ebay, abebooks.com, amazon etc.

Maybe keep an eye on your local area's Freecycle and charity shops.

No luck on eBay?

Has he tried people in the years above him? That's what I always did at uni. There was always a couple of 2nd/3rd years selling off last years course books. Online is a nightmare, torrents are basically useless. Or book them in the library (most libraries will let you do this), or go to the short loan section, borrow one for an hour or so and photocopy the relavent bits. You never (in my experience over the last four years) actually needed all the course texts anywho, and the bits you did need you could generally beg or borrow off someone on your course :D

not that i am party to dodgy software, i download free e-books from demonoid.com, its a torrent site and their plenty of stuff on their that their shouldnt be. i dont know about coursework though

Back