tracking settings for a track only puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andk1987

hi everyone,

i have a puma that only gets used on track, was wondering if anyone has any tried and tested settings for a puma i know i jeed some toe out on front and toe in on rear for better turn in but how much? camber settings? any information is much appreciated :)

Hi `87

There`s not much adjustment in the Puma, just toe in/out.

To make the best of whats there, I went to a proper suspension tuners for a 4 wheel geo set up.
They used shims to straighten out my rear axles and give me two degrees of camber.
At the front they toed me out by one degree.
It`s only a modest amount of tweek but without castor and camber adjustment it`s not woth doing more.

Fortunately the Puma is a great handling car to start with :wink:
and with decent tyres and coilovers, I know that few regular trackday cars can keep with me through the twisties :cool:

I hope that`s helpful.
Stu..

hi, yeah thats what i ws getting at, anywhere youd recommend going or what to google to find somewhere tht cn do that kinda work? im in the north east/grimsby area, not had much luck only got the usual bush tyres ect places that i can find

I`m based near Manchester,
The place I used are local to me and have been looking after all sorts of race cars for decades (mainly Fords)
It aint cheap. Cost £160!
The rear isn`t actually adjustable, so it takes ages to get right.
I was inconsolable.
Untill I drove it....
Pounds vs performance. It`s possibly the best money I have put into going faster ;-)
The place I used is called Automech. I`m pretty sure they`re online.
Though i`m sure there must be pro racecar builders in your neck of the woods.

Back