Turbo Puma (msb)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madhillbilly17

Hi guys and gals,The time has come to sell what has been any pride and joy for the last 5 years,only reason im selling is because a car iv'e always wanted since i was about 16 come up local to me so i bought it,ok where do i start lol.

Just Mot'd it about 2 weeks ago and put 6 months tax on it,its a 2001/y reg with 87k on the clock,interior is clean and tidy see pics with push button start,air fuel ratio gauge & boost gauge.

Engine mods are:
Turbo conversion with a T25 Garrett turbo
decompression plate
while the head was off i fitted new valve stem oil seals
wrapped downpipe
manual boost controller
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
front mounted intercooler
oil catch tank
stainless steel oil free air filter
frp cams
Tape ecu
200 cell sports cat
miltek cat back
2.0 ported jacko throttle body
inlet manifold ported to match the throttle body
iridium spark plugs
paddle clutch(easy to use not a nightmare rated for 250bhp)

Handling:
drilled and grooved disc
ebc ultra max pads
new rear shoes
stainless steel braided brake hoses
Rare Alessio monzas 7j et35, tyres are all good 195/50/15 the rears are new toyo tr1s fronts are goodyear eagle f1s same tread pattern as the toyo's
rear wheel spacers
Poly rear beam bushes
2 new front lower arms
new ball joints
AP coilovers (when fitted had new top mounts done 1000 miles

The car has been unsealed including under arches,ms design rear spoiler,bonnet raisers,its had a patch spayed on the rear bumper that isn't great but not to bad (see pic). The car hasn't been used for a while so the disc are rusty will clean up with braking,its running about 6 to 7 psi at the mow to get the best from it it needs something like a unichip and the boost upped, the compression ratio is 8.5:1 so can handle a lot more boost with ECU tuning, as much as the block will take!!

I thought i would put it up on here first as i would prefer one of you guys had it,if i get no interest it will go to the vulchers on ebay.looking for £1800 no offers viewing welcome.

my location is Andover Hampshire

this is the mark/patch on her bum

I had 'a car that I always wanted'

Took me forty years to get there.

Have fun with it. I hope it turns out every bit as good as you would like it to be :)

Two turbo'd pumas within a few days of each other after looking for ages, getting spoilt for choice, this is a very nice example, any dyno figures or idea of what bhp and torque is, cheers

yeah i did think that lol,turbo pumas don't come up very offend and now there's 2 at the same time!

i haven't had it on a dyno,to get the best from it something like a unichip(tuned on a dyno) and the boost upped would have been my next step if i was going to keep it.

XIIVVX said:
I had 'a car that I always wanted'

Took me forty years to get there.

Have fun with it. I hope it turns out every bit as good as you would like it to be :)

Thank you,felt awesome to drive on the test drive it exceeded my expectation loved it,i will be sticking around on here tho :) this is by far the best forum iv'e been on and i will always have love for the puma :eek:k:

Cool car this. I would rather keep the puma and own a evo. The evo rs suffer from crank walk.

Glenn_ said:
Cool car this. I would rather keep the puma and own a evo. The evo rs suffer from crank walk.

Any evo from 1-4 can suffer crank walk,after that the block was changed to take different main bearings to solve the problem,im currently building a forged evo 7 engine,i have also got 2 evo 4 engines lol,there is a fix for the 4 block tho you can modify the later bearings to fit,i have always loved the evo 4 5 6 one come up at to good a price and a 10 minute walk from my house! so i had to buy it :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back