Tyre wear

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

HI. I have a Puma which destroys the inner part of the front tyres. The ones I have are fairly new there's a very noticeable wear on the inner side of the tyres. These are good tyres and the I had them aligned recently . I also check the air pressure very frequently so there shouldn't be such an abnormal wear but by the looks of it I'll have to buy a new pair.
I went to a tyre shop and the bloke there advised me to have the springs "shaved" so the wheels can be "pulled outwards".
Anyone acquainted with this procedure or has any other suggestion to offer?

Inner tyre wear is usually down to incorrect camber which is common with lowering the suspension and as far as I'm aware wheel alignment wont fix it.

Has the car been lowered?

I would check the wishbone bushes for any potential 'play' and check the ball joints too.

Inner tyre wear on standard suspension (where the suspension is in good condition), is usually caused by the tracking toeing out when the car is moving.

YOG said:
[post]362810[/post] Inner tyre wear on standard suspension (where the suspension is in good condition), is usually caused by the tracking toeing out when the car is moving.
Wheel alignment... tracking... are these actually the same? If so, I stand corrected.

Same, and 4 wheel is better than 2.
This is a good link:
http://en.intraxracing.nl/techniek/camber,-caster,-toe-intoe-out/

Back