Tyre Writing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DradusContact

Always liked this, always wanted to try it. I know its a bit more of a muscle car thing but thought I would see how it looked. Took best part of a week to do as each tyre needs a couple of coats with 12 hours drying between coats. Took the wheels off and did them on the kitchen table rather than trying to do them vertical on the drive.

PJ1 by Matthew Melia, on Flickr

Pen was from tyrepenz.co.uk, about £17 delivered, had to buy a second one as first one run out, plus some stuff to clean the tyres to ensure it all sticks properly, so ended up costing £50+. :roll:

Used to do this to my motorbikes way back when (c1990s). I used metal marker paint which was in abundance at work, white, blue, pink, yellow...pretty much any colour I fancied & it stuck like sh1t on a shovel. Easy to apply too as we just filled these "little" ball point plastic bottles with it for making steel plates/components, worked a charm on the lettering on the tyres :eek:k:

EDIT:- Just checked my old workbag/toolbox I used to use in my old career, still some bottles of this stuff in there, only in white though :lol:

Back