Under seal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SE161

Hi All,
I am new to this site.

Back in the late 90s/early 00s I owned a new Puma but reluctantly sold it for a "family wagon" :(

However Last year I aquired a fine example of a Puma as a second car: less than 47k on the clock no obvious signs of wheel arch rust. Having read all the advice on this site I immediately fitted a new timing belt, tensioner and also took the opportunity
to also fit a new water pump.

I would now like to concentrate on the body work. My question is: does anyone know a good body shop in the Surrey or S.London area that can shot blast/under seal?

Many thanks,
Shawn

Thanks for reporting back, how was your experience there?

Also, belated welcome to the site, sounds like you found a nice example after your break from Pumas!

Hi Site Administrator,
Thank you for your kind welcome! and congratulations on such a fantastic site; the forum has helped me diagnose and fix a number of issues over the past year which may have otherwise cost a fair few pounds in garage costs.

Regarding my experience with Rustmaster, I have pasted a copy of the quotation below for reference to other members who may be considering under sealing.

The work completed was consistent with the quote. You must however remove the wheel arch liners yourself, as they did not want any liability for damaging the liners or anything behind them (e.g. the brake hose connector). The only other negative is there was no masking/covering of the external bodywork or glass, so spray deposits of Waxoyl went all over the car and was difficult to remove (Rustmaster advised me to use White Spirit, but I opted for Autoglym tar remover).

Quote from Rustmaster:

"Thank you for your enquiry, the cost to professionally rust proof your Ford Puma is £395+vat.
Below is a brief description of our process, it will take our two WAXOYL trained technicians approximately 5 hours to complete the treatment. You are welcome to stay and view the process, make use of our loan vehicle or free drop off/pick up service.

The RUSTMASTER treatment is carried out strictly to the Waxoyl Professional system for application of its Professional trade only products for which we are the sole UK authorised and supplied user. Your vehicle is raised and machine hot steam pressure cleaned to remove any dirt and mud and rust scale. The vehicle is then machine dried underbody.
It is then inspected to make sure there are no hidden problems. We then treat all box sections internally, bonnet, wings, doors, boot lid, sills, chassis, sub frame and cross members with the new Waxoyl professional 120-4 cavity wax. We then underseal the underbody comprehensively and precisely with the superior new professional Hardwax. Done this way treatment is guaranteed for 5 years with free annual inspections."

Latest posts

Back