Uneven braking / brake pull

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbello

Hi! Got a 97’ 1.7 with ABS, front left corner is only braking half of what it should according to a MOT test report. Can feel the brake pull if I slam the brakes hard. Changing the brake fluid didn’t fix it. Any suggestions?

Thought it could be an issue in the ABS module, if so, can it be rebuilt?

If relevant, ABS lights are turned on although I suspect it’s a different issue.

When you changed the brake fluid did you check the condition of the calipers, seals and pistons?

May also be related to the master cylinder but I can't remember how everything is connected for the Puma brakes.

I dont think it'd be related to the ABS module although you probably want to get to the bottom of that light as well (sensors can be checked, or tone wheels might need cleaning up)

As above^

100% check the caliper. It could be partially seized which would also cause the disc to get extremely hot as the pads will remain held on when you release the brakes.
Check the caliper slide pins as they could be gummed up with dirt or even rusted and also check the pistons to see if they can be gently pushed back in.

Latest posts

Back