***URGENT*** having issues removing alternator on 1.7 puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallyeluke

im currently doing the thermo stat change and have and issue.

i have removed the two bolts on the alternator that are 15 mm there appears to be a 13mm bolt as well that bolts into the front side of the engine thats connected to the alternator? is this so or is it nothing to do with the alternator.

my problem is there is so much restriction in that area that i cannot get to the 13 mm and when i tried with my socket i rounded it slightly. there are still lots of flat edges so i reckon i could get it off with an open spanner just need more room.

i heard that apparently releasing the radiator from its craddle helps? has anyone tried this?

I personally haven't heard of doing this, but if a 13mm is getting a bit rounded, have you a 1/2" that you could hammer on as last resort?

Is it this place?

[albumimg]1187[/albumimg]

well i got the 13mm bolt off luckily. i used dals advice and got a 1/2" on there. she came off a treat. all i need to do now is remove the 4 10mm bolts from the housing and the stat is out. good times. 60% complete.

cheers for the advice dal. legend

No worries Luke - s'what we're here for!

Good luck with the rest of it!

:eek:k:

Back