V220's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V220

Well heres my Melina blue 1999 1.7vct 122k

Its been 100% shed since I bought it lol but it was only £600 off a roundabout. Do most of my own mechanical work so its never really been a problem. Only major issue was the cambelt change when the new rocker gasket shat all the out over the new belt and stretched it but luckily it never skipped. Lesson to be learnt there is use a genuine Ford gasket and never touch a pattern part. Few mods including Heated washer jets and Temp clock. The new parts fitted is so extensive I cant remeber anymore but it walked its MOT last month

In the summer I'll cut the rot out and fit shiny new wings lol

As Acquired where I spotted it for sale:

2w39b2w.jpg

and Today:

31626wp.jpg

259p4.jpg

14wwxnp.jpg

28j8itj.jpg

Tempted by doing some Props white or some FRP looking alloys :grin:

Looking nice and shiny!

We share the same taste in spoilers. Nice and subtle! I think they suit the Puma well, although many will disagree!

topmansparkie said:
Looking nice and shiny!

We share the same taste in spoilers. Nice and subtle! I think they suit the Puma well, although many will disagree!

Thanks! Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine with a top coat of Collinite sorts the shine out for ages lol. The pumas back end is beautifully designed but I just had to have one! Didnt look quite finished off when looking down the sides of the car.

Nice and subtle! looks good mate :)

out of curiosity, where did you get the blue gaitors for gear lever and handbrake from? just got me a set of blue leather bucket seats and after some matching gaitors :)

V220 said:
I thought the Primer it came in would be alright, It wasnt as it went poppled and some white spots have appeared lol. Redo it when I chop the arches out
I can't fault the finish of the paint on mine. I didn't expect anything too 'professional' but I was extremely pleased.
The colour match to my car was spot on, so they got the paint exact and the paint on the car has obviously done well to keep it's colour!

Some new developments:

21kjn95.jpg

eb5155.jpg

34e3m69.jpg

Genuine MS Design spoiler with light for £20... Wiiin! Also got some 260mm grooved disks calipers and carriers to go on, Tired of the useless KA brakes!

Haaaa welcome to the MS spoiler gang ;) How come you're going for the change? Is it for the third brake light?
£20's a bargain I got mine for £40!!

Sparx said:
Haaaa welcome to the MS spoiler gang ;) How come you're going for the change? Is it for the third brake light?
£20's a bargain I got mine for £40!!

Saw it and thought thats cheap, Il'e have it :lol: Got a third brakelight in the back window but atleast now I can have a proper one

I had a brake light in mine but as i've already got a third brake light in my boot lid I got it taken out and smoothed over :lol:

Sparx said:
I had a brake light in mine but as i've already got a third brake light in my boot lid I got it taken out and smoothed over :lol:

The joys of a newer Puma :lol:

Back