Vct issues

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johno22

Ive recently been reading some posts on here about the vct system on my puma 1.7, people are referring to a surge and even a nock at 4000 rpm when the second cam drops in. just been for a thrash and the power seems smooth all the way up to redline at 6500 rpm, no nock or surge! is this normal or is my vct system poorly?!?! the car feels powerfull but ive started to worry bout her now as i think there may have been a surge when i first got her...... may be just in my paranoid mind though!

any advice would be much appeciated, although even if the vct is not working she still annihilated a golf gti on the A19 this morning LOL.

VCT test, gently accelerate in 2nd gear, somewhere upwards of 2000 rpm, you will hear a slight engine noise note change, and a small push back into your seat

Yeah there's no massive noticeable change in my opinion the engine does feel lively at higher revs.

I think you're probably ok to be honest.

Id say its you just got used to it.

When i first drove mine i threw me back in the seat, i know its fine its just it dont seem as fast as then because im used to it.
I allso came from a smaller engined car so tha made it seem like a racing car at first, but to be honest its probably just as quick as then

It's hardly a V-TEC kick, it's much more subtle.

It's more like it's willing to rev, rather than getting bogged down and unwilling the higher the revs get.

Cheers all feel much better now! Defo felt more lively when I booted it at high revs! Think I just getting used to it. Driving a golf estate 1.9 td today for work, and it's soo depressingly slow lol

Latest posts

Back