Virgin Media Fail

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparx

399842_10152797001415192_1233884313_n_zpsc9746769.jpg

Dear Virgin Media,

I'm really sorry for my Father in Law not paying his bill last month, but what with him being dead and all, it's probably slipped his mind. Some people, eh?

You, however, are to be publically commended for swooping in with all the sensitivity of a charging rhino and instantly fining him an extra ten pounds for having the unheard of nerve to be dead and therefore being unable to pay you (some people really have no idea of priorities do they? It's your profit first, THEN anything else. The cheek!).

You also win extra points for noticing his bank had returned his Direct Debit informing you he had passed away, THEN still slapping on a fine anyway. That's a special kind of meanness right there. Oh, and despite my wife telling you our sad news as well. I am intrigued - how exactly did you imagine him paying this extra fine from beyond the grave?

You also deserve a further honorable mention for promptly sending us next months bill as well. I'm simply not paying it, as ever since passing away, I have noticed a sharp decrease in the amount of television my Father in Law has been watching. I simply cannot think why that would be.

I might pay it if you can prove to me he's been watching any of your channels in heaven, but given that British Sky Broadcasting is beamed in directly from the clouds I think he's much more likely to be enjoying that. Your infernal cable pipes seem only to come up from the ground (same location as Hell - spooky coincidence) where I imagine your train people in the art of customer service.

I am bitterly disappointed in your attitude, probably automatically generated by machine and unchecked by any caring human heart. The only saving grace is that my Father in Law had an excellent sense of humour and is probably laughing his arse off about this as we type, giving you the Vs, waving ten pound notes around, planning to haunt you and enjoying the content of Sky TV.

Fail.

Had to share this :lol:

Most companies ask for a copy of the death certificate as unfortunately they have to check people aren't scamming them. Are we sure the client in question has done this before we criticise Virgin?

About ten years ago, my then girlfriend sadly died from a heart attack due to a heart defect. I was 23 at the time and had only moved out of my parents and in with her a year before, so things like dealing with big corporations about bills and the like was all pretty new. I have to say that the majority of those corporations that I had to phone and sort stuff out with at the time were really good, sympathetic and helpful about it all. One call centre girl started crying when I explained the situation and couldn't have helped me more.

Sadly, as things become more automated, the example above going to happen.

</bum everyone out>

Some companies are a lot more mercenary when there is a death, especially if there is a large sum owing as they want to get thier claim on the estate in early so they don't get stiffed.

Latest posts

Back