Warning light problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oglind

One of the Puma's i've just bought has apparently got both TCS and ABS warning lights coming on on the dash. Seems a bit of a coincidence that both are showing problems, any ideas?

Same as mine mate. Check the rear ABS sensors. I disturbed mine when fitting 20mm rear axle spacers. Now cant clear the warning lights.

Thought it may be something like that, i've done that on an alfa GT before, but the TCS light puzzled me

It's worth unplugging the sensors and checking te resistance with a multimeter. Right read 1060 or there abouts, presumably that milli-ohms or whatever. Either way, likelihood is you will have one that doesn't read anything or reads completely out from the others. I have a set of rears spare if anyone needs them. Second hand but I only paid £20 plus postage so if someone wants them ill post them for £22.

The light will stay on once the diff sensor has been replaced and will need clearing with a fault code reader.

Providing all the sensors work after any faulty sensors have been replaced, driving the car will clear the fault. There is no need to disconnect the battery or try and clear the fault with a code reader! That's a pointless exercise for something the car can reset itself.

Bizarre, mine wouldn't clear, I had to borrow my mates reader and clear it with that. He said they would need clearing manually too. Odd.

I had my ABS/TC lights on for months as I had chopped the rear loom to fit spacers.

When I fitted the new loom, I started it up and drove off as normal. When it hit the 12mph self test, the lights cleared.

I think you'd have to make sure you totally remove every little scrap of the system but doing so should pass an MOT.

I suppose if you informed them and they agreed to the changed etc. , then it shouldn't problem.

i'm hoping the insurance will be fine with what i'm doing. just ordered a set of wilwood calipers, and 2 master cylinders, aswell as piping to remake the full dual circuit. I was liiking into making a hub for the rear to fit calipers to the back, but think it'll be a lot of work. Does anyone know of any companies, or ford parts that can replace the rear drum setup?

Back