Weird judder?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xrion236

Think it might just be a buckled front left alloy but when i accelerate it seems to jubber from that side. Dont think its the bushes as they are polly and have been done in the last 2 years on receipts. And after many a mechanical inspection driveshaft etc seems fine. Any suggestions?

If it's only when you accelerate then I'd suggest your CV joint spider roller bearings / housings are worn.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

42282036.gif

Dal said:
If it's only when you accelerate then I'd suggest your CV joint spider roller bearings / housings are worn.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

42282036.gif

Yeah it does seem that way. only when accelerating and the more it pulls the more the jubber. are CV joints std or are they specific to the FRP? Cant remember myself tbh. i know the drive shaft is specific.

Ok took my car into ford garage today they've said yes its possible its the CV joint, however they cant tell which one so they said i would need to spend £290 on a complete shaft/cv joints to make sure i get the right one and apparently they dont sell them seperate.... :pinkeye:

Is this BS or can anyone direct me to somewhere that sells the CV joints.

Edit: not that the shaft would fit anyway :roll:

lol, thats rediculous...

surely they can feel the joints for wear and play..

also, no dealor would be able to buy FRP shafts now anyway... they would have to rebuild your current ones...

Ford CV joints are VERY sturdy, i'd be surprised if they'd properly gone unless someone has butchered them during servicing or zip tied them leaving all the grease to ooze out.. :?

Rgds

Chris

ps... wouldn't rule out the wheel theory...they do buckle quite easily and are difficult to get balenced right too... :idea:

I tried to explain that to them but apparently the computer wouldnt show the CV joints on there own as part numbers just the entire drive shaft assembly. :roll:

On the way home noticed its more evident when pulling in a higher gear between 3-4.5K :pinkeye: funny thing is i feel no feedback as such in the steering wheel....

Found a complete shaft on the net for £85 pound, tried for weeks to get the inner joint but failed to trace one, I have the same wobble on the near side and have now parked the car up until I get it sorted, will post a link tomorrow, the link is on my work computer!!

There's an FRP being broken right now... this might be your best shot for a cheaper then trade price soulution....

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=12520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martinthrapston said:
drive shafts are different lenghts on the frp compared to a standard puma due to the wider track...

Yes but we arent talking about the shaft just the CV joints(and i own FRP236). I wouldnt mind spending upto £90 for a new inner cv/boot but im not paying £290 for the intire assembly that they would need to strip the CV joints from in order to re-assemble on my FRP shaft. i'd just be left with an outer and shaft that is completely useless.

Back