wet carpet!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevescleenz

right couple of weeks back i stripped the interior of my daughters puma as the carpet was wet, thought it was where she went a but mad with the wet vac, so it was all dry and even dried out the sound deadening, put some new matts in the car today for her and again the drivers side carpet is wet again, is there a common place where they leak? dont have a sunroof by the way

cheers

If it has been raining or has had a good wash then this will happen. Most common in the winter monther to find a frozen lake in there. The cause is behind the das in the footwell. There are a few locations that watcer can seap in from the outside.
Now instead of pouring water in to find the exact spot. Use a silicon based sealant and seal up everything.
I had this issue, I used a silicon sealant, and I no longer have this issue.

Hope this helps,

Mac

Probably coming through here:

Water coming in from the scuttle panel, I have now sealed this up:

050 by slayllian, on Flickr

Dashboard removed:

049 by slayllian, on Flickr

I had the dash out to find it but if you pull the carpet back and look up under the dash in the drivers side you should see where it is coming through. You can seal it from the top, usually comes through the join in the scuttle panel just behind the expansion tank. You will need to remove the expansion tank and bulkhead divider to get enough access to clean and seal up the join. Run a bead of roof sealant along it and that should sort it out.

Latest posts

Back