what clutch am i looking for?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkie

need my clutch doing so i need to find the clutch all you guys are using.

i am gonna just put the 1.8 one in form the focus but which model and year clutch should i be looking for and can i put a fast road/uprated version in or just the standard version?

lol thats a well spotted no brainer 8) just need to know which model to be searching for.

nothing wrong with a standard puma one, ford deemed it good enough for the FRP, and unlness you track it, should be fine

i heard on the darkside that the fiesta st150 clutch is a good option for the puma :eek:k:

but i agree with spike tho on this original is well upto the job !

not for my car it aint guys. my car is being driven on track and on quarter mile so lookin for more than the original. already gone through a helix paddle, a fast road and a standard so another standard aint gonna last 5 mins.

Ahem...advice given by a certain El Dude on the other site early in 2009 iirc!!!

That's why I bought one...and FYI Clarkie, it has worked ok for me with 12 laps round the Ring' so far although I did overheat it on one lap as I was being far too agressive on it and downchanging waaaaayyy too early for some of the corners but that was May this year and it has been fine from about 5 minutes after that lap to date.

I bought one that said it was for the 2.0l Focus so don't know if it's the one El Dude now poo-poo's.

yippeekiay said:
Ahem...advice given by a certain El Dude on the other site early in 2009 iirc!!!

perhaps you could link me to this...as i recall hating the damm thing ever since it was fitted...

I'm sure it will hold out... it's just the cover is so lightly sprung... a real poor show in a car thats supposed to be a 'drivers dream'...lol

:lol:

I haven't been on that site since last years Nurb' trip. IIRC I do remember you saying to get the clutch for a Focus, and I'm pretty sure you mentioned Valeo, I got the clucth for a Focus but not a Valeo one which may have been a blessing judging by your experience with it.

You may have hated it since you fitted it but were recommending it as if it was already fitted. I'm guessing someone else must have recommended it to you and you passed on this recommendation before actually knowing what it was like. A mistake I think we all make at some point or other....lol.

Either way, I'm happy with it's performance in my std Puma and I'm hard on clutches, so you must be especially hard on them if it never worked well for you. ;)

If I'm wrong about this - it could happen due to old age - I apologise, but I'm pretty certain it was YOU!!!! :p

yippeekiay said:
Iou may have hated it since you fitted it but were recommending it as if it was already fitted. I'm guessing someone else must have recommended it to you and you passed on this recommendation before actually knowing what it was like. A mistake I think we all make at some point or other....lol.

that may well have been the case....

after someone fitted it on PP and started all this nonsense i may well have passed on the possibility of fitting it...before having actually tried it out...

Nothing wrong with Valeo, it came with a 3 year warrenty and looked well made...but for the car it was intended.. :lol:

Back