Wheel Arch Covers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_horizon

Hi All!

I've got a Ford Puma Millennium edition and it has the usual scabby rear arches. A friend of mine bought these http://www.ruderacing.co.uk/m29/Turismo/p298090/Turismo_Wheel_Arch_Set_for_Ford_Fiesta_Mk4/5_(1995-02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)_3-Door/product_info.html for his fiesta Zetec-S and I was wondering whether anyone would be able to advise whether they would fit the Puma too?

I know this isn't a "fix" for the rust, but it improves the cosmetics markedly so is something I'd like to do while I save to have them done properly in the future. The sad thing is that at £100, I only need the rear two!

I've chosen these because they are thicker than some of the others that you find on eBay and will hopefully fit. Thoughts welcome!

These are supposed to fit a Puma. Don't think anyone on here has tried them yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321265885311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the option. The bubbling on mine has gone slightly higher than those would cover (the paint hasn't broken) so just need something a little higher. Thanks though!

quite honestly those arch extensions are going to look worse than the rusty arches. I've also just bought millennium with rusty arches and all I intend to do is give the rust a quick rub down and squirt some yellow paint on them for now. You'll be better off saving that £100 for proper repairs.

You could also rub the rust down and just brush paint in black around the edge of the arch to give the same effect as those £100 arch lips.

you can get stick on arches of ebay for a puma in blue or chrome and matt black i think it was 30 for the rear but it will just hide the rust and it will fester and eventualy the arches will fall off along with half your car haha, i would listen to redexr and get them done at some point even if it done with stuff from halfords for now, i done my last puma with halfords gear and it was spot on was well proud of myself however that was silver and my new puma is black so its goin to be more of a chalenge :cool:

We bought a puma that had corsa c arch covers on it but it just looked stupid I'd rather see rust lol

I Fitted the cheapie bodge covers, look fine, just painted rust with Kurust, and covered it over, car is just just a cheap banger to hoon on track, so engine and box won't last forever

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi,
a more permanent repair without welding is to grind out the rust make sure it is totally dry and lay up GRP on both sides of the arch. The resin impregnates the air spaces within the rust and bonds it together and therefore the rust and metal can not absorb water or be exposed to oxygen which causes rust in the first place. It does work I have done it on cars in the past. Do not waste time with filler unless it is a marine filler and then only expect limited results. Or use Davids structural Isopon which is polyester resin with finely chopped strand mat which is almost the same as a GRP repair. Filler is a no no. If you do it now with filler come April next year it will be back as it was before you started.
Regards,
Richard.

Back