Wheel arches,,,,probably for the hundreth time!!!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tula

Hi Guys,as you have all been so helpful in these past few weeks,thought i,d ask for some more advise!!what would be the best way of cleaning off and spraying my wheel arches,as after giving my puma a thoroughly good sorting today( i have to say, she is looking quite beautiful) i really need to get rid of the rust spots.I cant afford having them cut out and new ones welded,but i dont want to make a mess of it,so thought someone out there must have a much better idea than me.Have read a few comments about where not to get the spray paint from,so where would i go ?She is that beautiful bluey mauve(havent looked at the book for the official colour)!!Really would like to sort it :?: :roll:

I have to say,I,m a little dissapointed that there hasnt been any tips or snippets of wisdom from you guys.I realise it,s probably old hat and you have been asked many times before,,,,,,but I really would be so grateful if just 1 person would point me in the right direction,,,,,waiting with anticipation!!!!! :-( :?

To be honest, it's largely pointless treating the arches unless you cut out the affected areas. The rust will only return, sometimes even in a matter of weeks.

Also if you use the search facility you will find a lot of advice! As Neil says, I had my rust sanded down and it came back within a month or so - what a waste of money! I am saving up to have them done properly - assuming it will be around £500 for both (not sure if that's realistic; hope so!).

thankyou for pointing me in the right direction,,,,,,,,will now be able to at least make a little headway into making decisions,,,thankyou once again..xx

Latest posts

Back