Wheel offsets

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N90ath

Hi guys and girls

Right this has been covered in sure but looking at fitting some new wheels they are 17x7 et16 running 205/40/17 tyres.

Now on some of the groups there are ppl running standard ford 17" wheels around offsets 35-38 with 20-30mm spacer which leads me to the same as running wheels with offset 5-15

Would I have major problems or would they be ok.

Car is lowered around 50mm on koni cool overs

Cheers nath

I 'm not sure but I think they may contact the arches with that offset. One thing I am sure about is that with a 50mm drop and 17" wheels you will have to do some work to the underside of the front inner wing otherwise it will gouge your front tyres to bits.
Barry

Agree with Barry. They also might hit the inside of the arch at the front on full lock as well as catch the rear side of the arch, i.e. the side nearest the door

I run Mondeo 16s with 30mm spacers at the back, dropped on coilies (about 10mm between tyre and arch) and they rub like buggery on the back when it cross-axles. On the front i've got 20mm spacers (so effectively 6.5J ET20) and it doesn't rub at all, however with your set up the wheels will stick out 10mm further and be 2mm closer to the inside. Coupled with the fact your tyres are 17mm taller than mine, it's not looking good for you.

I ran 17x7 et38 with 12.5mm spacers front and they were just flush with the arch (so at their limit). I had rubbing issues on full lock sometimes. I had to do some fettling as per Barry's post above. I don't think I had as much as 50mm drop either.

This is the clearance between the sharp flange hanging down from the inner wing with 205/40/17 wheels and -40mm lowering springs.
Barry

Back