Wheel spacers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayllian

What is the largest spacer you can fit on the puma hubs? I have a set of 2001 Fiesta ZS wheels with the incorrect offset (think about et43.5?), was looking at fitting these to my puma black, but need to bring them out a little in the arches.

yes it will be. I would double check this though. When I had my Superturismos on i believe the et was 48. with 15mm spacers the brought me down to et33. Which is near on perfect. with your being 43.5, you want to be aiming for about et34, so 8-9mm should be right. I would adjust the rear accordingly also.

you can fit what you want as long as you fit longer studs and the spacers are hubcentric

if you want to retain the standard length studs 3mm is about as much as you want to go before the wheel is no longer sitting on the lip

be aware to fit longer studs on the front you will require to split the hub and fit new bearings

you can get 15mm front ones that bolt to your existing studs hence require no hub splitting, i have some on mine but they arent cheap

Is it required to have any matching of front and rear wheel spacers? for example would 30mm rear spacers without any front spacers cause any problems? and would 30mm rears on their own feel better to drive as wel as looking better.

Ive driven a wee bit with just the 15mm on the front and standard 12.5mm on the rear. The visual difference is noticable but i do think there is a slight difference in the corners.

the puma is quite sensitive to minor geo changes, with my previous spacers/wheel combo the steering felt all wrong, what i have at the moment, eg the eibach 15mm front and 21mm rears car still feels nice and planted with nice return to center on the wheel

ive got fiesta st170 alloys on mine and ive got an 8mm spacer tp stop rubbing. with the spacers on im a lot more nervose into corners even though i know the wheel is well bolted on :?

ScubaSteve said:
what i have at the moment, eg the eibach 15mm front and 21mm rears car still feels nice and planted with nice return to center on the wheel
What wheel offset are you running Steve?

ScubaSteve said:
if you want to retain the standard length studs 3mm is about as much as you want to go before the wheel is no longer sitting on the lip

Back