where is all the power ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boospuma

whell i got a complete milltech racing exsoust sistem vith cat, k&n air filter in a frp airbox vith a cold air intake custom made, msd blaster coil,magnacore cabels and denso iridium itv16 spark plugs ...... still the car can produce only 121 hp with all these mods .... until it reaches 5400 rpm the power is there ...after that the curve yust drops .... hadit on service ..car runs fine no problems vith eletrics ore vct-ztech ..engine hidraulics are ok .... perhaps its because of the standard intake that got only 50 mm ..making a coustom intake now with a 56 mm intake and throtle body :cool: if that dosent hellp ...well than i dont know any more ....

dyno pic:

http://www.mojalbum.com/boospuma/puma/foto/18389060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have added nothing to the car that would lead you to expect any power increase. Magic coils, spark plugs and leads really don't make any great difference despite what the ads say, whilst K&N filters are famous for sapping power once they have been used for more than a few hundred miles.

I think the throttle body will make a difference, but Jacko is your guru for that.

Good luck

For power increases you need to be looking at the rest of the breathing mods i.e. de-cat the exhaust and fit an FRP (or similar) inlet manifold.

Bigger TB won't give much/many/any better figures, may just be a bit more responsive on the toes.

Beyond that, you need to start looking at turbo/SC, or individual throttle bodies with stand-alone management.

£££££££££££££££££££

:wink:

whell i was expecting somethnig like that ... still i thougt that the milltech 4.2.1 full racing exsoust wuld giw it a few hp :oops: :wink: will report on the progres made with future tunaps :twisted:

get the frp remap done or have some to chip the ecu while it is on the rolling road,is that dyno meaasured at the wheels or the flywheel,if its at the wheels then thats not as bad as it seems,if its at the flywheel then you better find them lost horses lol

mesure at the wheels :wink: othervise the car is a rocket :twisted:

Latest posts

Back