where to find an electric power streeing colum

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom0

Hi
For my puma the power steering pump can't be conected to my new motor.
so a friend said the best way is an electric power steering colum.

here's a link if you haven't seen one or don't know how it works. something from youtube I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjic1DHMxzQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

very simple question. do you know where i can get one for my puma at a low price? or what type that can fit on a puma. a universial one maybe? :idea:
(somewhere from the UK would be alot easyer unless it's from a world wide company then no worrys)

it would be a big help for me :grin: , thanks.

yep id say saxo. you will probably need a manual steering rack tho? (fiesta mk3) or bung up the hydraulic fluid lines?

I have Corsa B and C columns if you want to have a go.

No idea what else has them - probably most modern stuff, lots of choice.

And yeah, manual rack, old Fiesta, Ka perhaps?

Ideally you want the EPS rack as well because they're normally quicker lock to lock than the straight manual.

Corsa columns are probable the most widely used, not sure if its the one from the corsa c or b that is a bit more of a pain to fit as it is linked into the ecu.

Are you not able to fit a pulley onto the back of the motor, was hoping you would see a cooling fan at the back under the cover driven off the shaft.
If you can get something on there you could also run a small vacuum pump to work the servo on the brakes.

corsa C eps is horrible,really horrible, well the SXI is not sure if the top models are different, andi understand the corsa B EPS is very good

I think I will check out the cars EPS and measure the dimensions to see if it fits ok. unless I can find a universal one.

my car has an electric motor instead of an engine. it doesn't spin when you'r not moving. so putting a pully on it and then trying to park, it gives very little asistants.
also you can trun it off when you don't need it.

Back