Why can't people be honest about cars

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord B

Just thankful I get free travel, as getting fed up of looking at 'Mint' puma's with full service history

Mint - clearly they mean 'polo variety' as bodywork has more holes than body
full history means stamped book for first 3 years, and couple of receipts for tyres fitted, 5 litres of oil, a budget oil filter, and few scraps of paper with things jotted on them, that bear no relevance to mileages on MOT's

just looked at one, rear arches were all filler and rattle can painted, I'm guessing as a projected by local infants school
Sill were more filler than sill, and I could part inner and out weld with a key.

looked at one other day, and sills were all filler, and paint was holding them together

Have now sorted one no MOT but, collecting and taking into garage Monday, logistics of buying a sorn'd no MOT car is a PITA, but hopefully worth it.

Do you feel better for letting that out? :twisted:

Sounds like you`ve had the runaround.
The Puma is not getting younger, and genuine ones are starting to becoming rarer.

I`m glad to hear you have found a decent example. :thumbs:

trublustu said:
Do you feel better for letting that out? :twisted:

Sounds like you`ve had the runaround.
The Puma is not getting younger, and genuine ones are starting to becoming rarer.

I`m glad to hear you have found a decent example. :thumbs:

I realise decent ones are getting thin on the ground, but why just lie, if someone asks are sills rusty, do they think that if they say no, I just going to accept it, and not look?

do feel slightly better getting it off my chest, perhaps I'm to fussy, looked at about 30 cars to find a decent Volvo S60 for wife (specific Engine/Spec level/MY), however after 3 years and 37,000 miles its had nothing more than 4 oil changes, 2 sets of front tyres and set of front pads

:cool: good luck with the one you've found.

The term 'mint' or even 'excellent' have a wide spectrum of actual meanings.

I agree with the "why lie" sentiment, annoys the hell out of me too.

Many years ago I looked at a Morris Minor convertible described as having full years MOT and in really nice condition......reality was the entire rear floor was held in by strips of dexion around the edges under the carpets and the last 6/7 inches of both front wings was filler over cereal packets, the owner wanted £300, I think me putting the rear floor on his drive convinced him otherwise..............I actually bought it for £10!!! repaired as needed put a genuine MOT on it and ran it for nearly a year

Think some people do believe what they are selling is mint.Its their perception of good and bad.Looked at an early XJ jag awhile back .picture looked good.When we arrived at sellers house we didn't even get out the car.every panel down one side was full of filler and tyre walls had cracks like an earthquake fissures.Told seller he was a prize prick and for some reason that upset him!

People's definitions of 'mint' are usually miles away from mine. For me, a 'mint' car would need to be in near showroom condition, and completely original.

I personally think it can be mint and still be modified. Just because it has non-standard additions doesn't mean its not in near new condition.

Back