Wing mirrors again

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kremmen

Hi All,

I have had a search but would like to know your opinion of ebay ( or other ) replacements for my wing mirrors.

eg
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-GTR-BLACK-DOOR-WING-MIRRORS-PAIR-NEW-/290605261488?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a96c62b0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-M3-BLACK-DOOR-WING-MIRRORS-PAIR-NEW-/290605263679?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a96c6b3f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do they fit ok?
Some "darling" kicked mine off today and broke the fittings. Ford want £200 + vat + spaying + fitting to replace it...its heated plus electric adjustment.

I looked at ebay for "broken" bits but they are £60 + @ and the mirror on the other side has been scuffed since I bought the car so I thought I might just swop both. and forget the electric bit.

Any opinions?

Paul

Personally wouldnt fit either of them. Think they will look aweful.

Best bet is to got to a scrap yard or search for some standard ones on ebay.

Mainly due to those being normally pretty poor fitting, sadly had some DTM ones on a 106 I had made by the same people, or so it looks. They didnt fit well, were not flush and just looked tacky, I was young and thought they were awesome at the time though.

Breakers yard would probably be the best bet.
Having said that, I got a cheapy eBay special wing mirror for the Focus. Quality is actually pretty good to be fair and it fits spot on, however it is all one piece rather than having a clip on panel that can be painted body colour, so not perfect.

When I needed a powered folding fully adjustable heated mirror for a Fiat Ulysse I used a company called "Wingmirrorman.com" they were about 30% cheaper than main dealers, had it in stock and price included delivery!

Just buy a used genuine one from ebay, they are not too expensive and are a pretty easy swap. Just make sure to get an electric one, preferably in your colour to avoid faffing about painting it.

Thanks all,

I have sourced a pair of black ones ( that will do) from ebay .If I try and fit can anyone point me to instructions on fitting?

Paul

Latest posts

Back