wiring loom been chopped please help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylinekid

right i'm putting a puma 1.7 into a ka right now and just found out some of the loom has been chopped see pic's

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

right all the wires are black so how can i reconnect them up in the right order please help

looked on 2 other puma's 2day and they aint earths there the wires that run most of the head ie injectors

Looking at where the other end goes, they appear to be for the VCT solenoid, inlet cam position sensor, and maybe the fuel rail. Guess the only way to be sure is to lift the cover and then check each pin to each connection to establish what is what.

yep thats the one he chopped :( i didnt even know till today that it had been already installed the engine and done all wiring bar that if anyone has the diagram or wants to come help im in need

Too far for me, sorry.
But to clarify you need to re connect the plug in pics 1 &2 to the loom. This means you need to know which pin does what and then where each wire should come out of the loom to run continuity checks to sort them out.
Hate to say it but you may be better off getting another loom and starting again.

i wouldnt no where to start with a new loom as this one was adapted for the ka if it comes to it i will trile and error it :( was doing so well till this happend

You should ba able to use Ka/Fiesta data for everything except the VCT/cam sensor stuff, that should reduce the guesswork a bit. For the rest try the search function for ECU pin functions, that might give you an end to check continuity from.

I know I have a 1.7/FRP loom in my lockup somewhere but can't get to it until Sunday. If you are still stuck lt me know and I will dig it out and try to follow the connections for you.

Back