Working out mpg

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.o.f

Hi all, I was just wondering about calculating mpg in my 1.7 Puma. I have just managed to get 324 miles from a full tank to red light. It took me 32.7 litres to fill up again which when converted is 7.2 gallons. I divided 324 miles by 7.2 gallons and it came out as 45 mpg. Does this sound about right or am I really bad at maths? Or is there 2 types of gallon? Is 45 mpg good going for a 1.7 Puma? I was driving like an undertaker the whole time and did a mix of motorway and town driving.
Cheers for any replies

Your figures are spot on and that's a very respectable MPG :eek:k:

Nice one cheers, I'm well pleased with it. I usually get about 220-240 miles a tank if I floor it all the time but money is tight at the minute so I have to change my driving style to squeeze every last mile out of her!

Very respectable indeed, I get around 240 miles from the tank. I should try and take it easy but I just can't help myself :twisted:

It's really annoying because my girlfriend has a 1.7 Puma also and she gets around 300 miles a tank without even trying. She could probably get 350 if she drove carefully enough. Hers is one of the later models though and mine does have about 50k miles more on the clock than hers.

You should try http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; rob :eek:k:

I keep all my details for the tank on there..

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/407789.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think I am usually at about 38mpg with start stop journeys.

Did a run the other week that was mixed, with average paced driving and got 44mpg and was well chuffed :grin:

Has anyone tried increasing tyre psi by 10% to increase MPG and if so what results did you get?

I tried for a day or so to drive more conservatively in effort to save petrol, but didnt last long lol. The way the 1.7 pulls and sounds is to good not to put your foot down!

I remember about 10yr ago when there was a proper petrol shortage when tankers drivers went on strike etc. I had a 400cc motorbike and I must of got nearly double to the tank just by not acutually revving it un-needed, and changing up as soon as possible but then of course it was no fun to ride!

This was the first week I've kept track of miles and got 230 to a full tank, this was around the doors with no real runs anywhere. Had thought this was pretty poor and as the car has the odd whiff of petrol was mebs down to a leak. However, by the sound of things above seems to be about normal..

Back