worth selling as is?( frp)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

mate wants rid of his frp as it now wont select gears and he has had enough.

10 months mot
good s/h
average cosmetic condition
spent a fair bit over the last year .
new abs sensors all round
new clutch
axle spacers
wheel bearings
sports cat

all ford parts ( except cat )

bad bits:

gearbox! its not selecting gears at all so guessing this needs replacing/rebuilding
missing front splitter
bit of wear to seat bolster

what do you guys think would be a reasonable reserve to put on it?

The price varies massively anyway so you need to establish its value without the faults first, then the price to rectify.

Box isn't the worst news as assuming its not an LSD box you could probably rebuild using parts from regular 1.7 and 1.4 boxes to keep the ratios the similar. Possibly re-use any FRP parts which are still useful. Having said that, any 1.7 box would do the job, unless you're used to an FRP the different in ratios would not be obvious.

There could be other things wrong as well though, linkage being somewhat easier to repair in a lot of cases.

Splitter and seats are a bit of a bigger problem because the parts are not in such great supply.

Mileage will also play a major part. I assume the car is in regular use if he wants to move it on?

yes its his daily car, has around 80-90 k on i think. he seems happy to set a reseve of £2500 which i would imagine he should be able to get, even with the work needed

can do when i go back to work, wont see him till then( wednesday night ) there are a couple on here though from last years ford fair. its frp 86L reg number

sling a 1.7 gbox in for now (or 1.4 for correct ratios) and keep the frp box to be fixed later AND INCLUDE IN THE SALE!!!!

i highlighted that because there will be nothing wrong with the RARE frp parts in the gearbox so DON'T bin it, it can be fixed.

if he's desperate for a splitter i have a 'new' one in the attic (2 months use) and he can make me an offer IF hes gonna fix the car

So that would be Steavie then - he can't resist a dishevelled Puma! :-D

Flying Scotsman said:
I'd half expect it to be Paul....
Good call - Mr. "You can never have too many Racing Pumas" is surely near the top of the list of suspects. :-D

Thought is end the guessing guys, I brought it and have been fixing it this week. I had a drive the other day and its awesome its nice to see one back at SCS where the engines were developed ill put a thread up in the project area over the next few weeks with all my plsns. Thanks Ryan.

Back