wow you can get over 30 mpg out of an frp...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

some of you guys may have noted I was stopped by the police recently because he thought my exhaust was loud and the fact that he could not catch me made him very cross...anyway as a result I have noticed that if I dont drive the puma like it always tells me to, naughty FRP you can get more than 30 mpg..

I generally did 180 miles on a tank full, 35 litres seemed to be the amount to fill every time, that s roughly 7 gallons, I have done 160 miles on less than 2 thirds or therabouts of this tank, that equates to well over 240 miles on a tank full divided that by 7 gallons and its well over 30 mpg...wow.. a lot better than 180 between fill ups...

little bit boring compared to my normal driving style.. What a jolly good boy am I.

I get around 250-270 miles per tank and normally do 20 miles with the light on. I fill it to the cap and put around 37 litres of petrol in.

managed to squeeze 38mpg on a motorway run on a warm day in mine @70-80

blimey, i must have a fuel leak or something...well she is on 220 and no petrol warning light on yet, am impressed with my frugality, only used the nitrous three or four times to overtake so am well chuffed

33mpg driving like a granny! 220 miles on a tank (about £45)

usually get 180 with 'normal' frp driving

seem to get slightly better mpg 'gunning it' on a motorway than driving like a granny....weird

slightly worse now iv got an f2 spoiler :)

think i will start cleaning the maf on a normal service if its made a difference to chris', dont want to get a new one until its def knackered tho.

yes think I will try cleaning the MAF, glad to hear you get the same mpg as me..makes me feel I am not alone...and not actually running with much wrong with the car...el dude, you must have no nitrous running if you get that MPG...am amazed...

Iv'e always been able to get those sort of figures.... that was doing 75mph on the speedo...so about 70 actual give or take 1..

cleaning it (or even worse machining it :? ) doesn't make it as sensitive and accurate as a new one by a long way.. :wink:

Also peoples figures tend to widly differ because they're not filling up the tank, you can get 40ltr in the puma tank if you take it down to the light... quite often the pump will click off around 35 ltr, especially if the forecourt is facing slightly uphill which is a right pain n the arse!... if the floor is sloping slightly downhill you can get the 40ltr fill in a lot more easily.. :idea:

chris
:grin:

shell standard, tried the higher octane stuff and didnt seem to make a bit of difference

I have filled maximum 40.42 litres when I had to roll up to the pumps, she cut out just as I pulled in...cracking...normally when i fill its around 35 or 36 soi always have a gallon or so left...but as I say I never get such good figures, but if you think the new maf will improve things that much it has to be worth a purchase of one...will get one fitted and give an update...

I get 120 to a tank :/ I do av the f2 spoiler on the most aggressive angle n shit in trafic all my life lol

you must have something special going on el dude...I can never see me getting 240 out of a tank nailing it

Latest posts

Back