Millenium Recaro's - Can I have a try?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSP

Anyone in the Northamptonshire area with a Millenium?

I'd love to retro fit the Millenium's leather Recaro's into my Puma, but I've not actually sat in them and although everyone says how comfortable they are, I think it'd be silly to fork out the money on a set, (if/when I can find a decent set), without trying them first.

Basically I just want to sit in the drivers seat to try them for size.

Can anyone out there be of assistance?

Many thanks.

P.S. Having looked on Autotrader, there's no Millenium's for sale in my neck of the woods, so it's not as if I could pop along for a viewing and try them that way.

They aren't really any more comfortable than the normal seats imo, the bottom part is the same as a standard puma, only the backrest/headrest is different. Maybe they have a bit of a nicer back curve, but the main thing is they look a lot better. I think the FRP seats are more comfortable, they're more hugging :)

I think the millennium recaros are far more comfortable than frp sparcos and either regular seat. (Alhough the more bucket type of the original puma comes a close second as they hold you in well with electric height adjust)
Everyone is a different shape so good idea to "try before you buy" :eek:k:

russv said:
...the bottom part is the same as a standard puma, only the backrest/headrest is different...
Sorry, you're wrong there; the base is not a standard Puma seat.

Early seats:
270809033.jpg

Later seats (Thunder and Black leather seats were just these trimmed in leather):
Ford__________Puma_2002_Blue%20metallic.JPG

Millennium Recaros:
Ford%20Puma%20Millenium%20W82BBA%20015.JPG

The Recaros are much more padded than either of the standard incarnations, and more comfortable. I personally found the FRP seats too hard and narrow.

:grin: I loved the seats in the FRP and did a very comfortable 20k miles in them but as above everyone has their own opinion and really this whole comment is off topic :lol:

Six times a year I do a 600 mile drive in one day.Used both Pumas and without a doubt the Recaros are far more supportive in all the right places and the seat base cushion is not the same as a standard seat.Probably done the journey in 20 different cars over 30 years and I think the Recaros are the best of the lot including some upmarket fancy cars.

The Millie Recaros are damn comfy and really supportive. I was glad Cherie still had hers when my back went once as they held in all the right places.

Not as comfy as my M3 seats as thet have loads of adjustment on lumber and back support but then the Millie was 3-4 times cheaper new..lol

Everyone's different, but I found the early seats to be absolute torture. I managed to find a cheap set of Millie Recaros (that came attached to a cheap Puma) and they are fantastic. They are worth the money they fetch but the plastics on them are very cheap and brittle.

JSP said:
I'd love to retro fit the millennium's leather Recaro's into my Puma, but I've not actually sat in them and although everyone says how comfortable they are, I think it'd be silly to fork out the money on a set, (if/when I can find a decent set), without trying them first.

Basically I just want to sit in the drivers seat to try them for size.
You definitely have the right idea, as these are a love/loathe item and it's pretty important to get right as they are hard to ignore once you're sitting on them, if you get it wrong.

However, just sitting in the seat will not be enough, you really do have to go for a run. Especially on a nice sunny day to get full enjoyment. :)

Back