over fuelling, missing and no fan :,(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumad-ka

Hello people! Newbie here running out of patients now :(

The beginning...

I have a ka mk1 track car with a puma 1.7 engine in pumaspeed done this conversion 10 year ago.

Been driving fine past year and 3 months ago I've changed the engine to a new stage 3 LMS 1.7 easy swap as was a matter of dropping old one out and new one in.

The car runs but is missing all the way up to around 3k get the revs over that it's fine, it's over fuelling to as stinks and tail pipe is black!

1) I've fitted a walbro 255 pump would that be causing the issue? im thinking it wouldn't cause the injectors are told by the ecu how much to let in know? (I have a FSE valve to fit)

2) My rad fan will not kick in will this cause it to over fuel as it hasn't got a reading of water temp?

I've tried unplugging the temp sensor to kick it in but nothing (I did this before on my old engine and worked)

I've tested fan and works as i have it on a switch now. Tested all relays and fuse all fine.

I've put a new ECU in still running rich, missing and fan still not coming on.

New leads, coil pack, plugs, lambda sensor, temp sensor and thermostat

I've gone over wiring in bay and can't see no splits as wrapped in insulation tape.

I'm running out of ideas now so if anyone has an idea I could try that would be GREAT!!!

Joe

Back