Dans puma number 2!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrush

ok si i had my fun with the stripped out melina blue !
now its time to get some scene points!
bought this 1.7 2 weeks ago at a good price
65k miles with a solid drivers arch!! passengers has been done and tbh the car looks clean! needs tcutting and front bumper sorting but overall it has good potential!

i have already swapped my exhaust system over and a few bits and bobs

To Be done
-Coilovers
-brake upgrade
-cosworth wheels on 195's
-frp splitter
-wind deflectors

426483_434768089936052_783036687_n.jpg

541590_434764596603068_946338996_n.jpg

Nice buy! Because the pic on my phones so small I can't see properly but are they actual cossy wheels or the mondeo? Nothing wrong with the mondeo type that is), were they already black? Imo be loads better in an anthracite or gun metal grey (im biased mind) as it might just be me but most of the time 15" or 16" alloys that are black look a lot like people have got the spare steels on all over.. maybe just me.

Liking the upgrades done all the same myself bar the coilovers just as mines not an all out trackcar.

Looking forward to more, what the goal of this one at the mo?

yeh they are mondeo cossie reps painted in black engine paint i beleive haha,came off my old melina puma!
just returned home and went to move the car and it wont start!
ive had a few starter issues already but seem to of been cured after a smack on the starter.
i have checked for spark,all 4 are sparking correctly so it must be fuel!, the engine is turning over normally just not firing :( plenty of fuel in the tank but no feed :( veyr lost tbh

main car,as the parents wont allow me to keep the other one on the drive,its got a hole in the arch and pretty shabby,if could keep it a turbo conversion would be on the cards,pretty frustrated trying to get this main one to start now though :(

took a while this morning but managed to sort it! it was one of the earths on the drivers side,tightened them up and cleaned and hey presto the fuel pump is working :) now i can comfortably start modding! also adjusted the exhaust and now it isnt contacting anything :p sweeet

thanks,its nice when stressful faults fix easy,helps having a bare puma at hand!,parents have said it needs to go off the drive so it will be scrapped soon,raided most parts off it just a few left now,began polishing the inlet manifold as i havent seen many others doing so but it looks so smart! payday next week so coilovers shall be ordered!

question!

should i go for the 380 ish cheaper coilovers for a decent drop or get the AP coilovers for the quality and an ok drop!
i am aiming for seriously low as i will eventually have cosworth alloys on 195/45 16's and i want the arch about 1-2 inches from the wheel rim!
i have seen APs fitted but not sure how low they go on maximum!

advice is appreciated!

Im currently on AP coilovers. Although im not quite on maximum drop you can just about get your fingers between the tyre and rear arch. Only problem I get is the scraping of the exhaust when going over speed bumps. Im still on the std 15" props.
photo-29271_zps0e746a6d.jpg

ah that gives me satisfaction :) il definately go AP then as they are a good quality brand and will prbably last longer! what is the ride like? and also what exhaust you using? i have the complete sportex kit,it sits very well in the exhaust tunnel :) i also might go for 15s tho if cossie wheels turn out to be expensive at the time

Currently on std exhaust manifold with a custom stainless mid section feeding a piper back box. The ride is quite harsh but I have also fitted poly bushes all round.

ahh cool,judging by the way the exhaust sits in mine i think il be ok going quite low ! so im gna go for it,buy the aps and play with it im still stuck between some axe 15" wheels or genuine cossie wheels :S hmm

little update, ordered a better condition bumper as mine is scuffed to death,it wont be on the car until june when the splitter is fitted along with the suspension and wheels.gna do it all in one go and transform the car :)
today ive fitted the osram diadem bulbs and removed the indicator lenses.it looks the nuts!!!
also got some bulbs ready to swap the lenses over on the rear so itl be clear/red/clear just gota wait for my tiger seal to arrive
483457_449015065178021_390183774_n.jpg

ta.i hate any orange on any cars! does my head in!.think im done with lights now,might get some osram headlight bulbs and refurb the lights as on dipped i cant see a lot !
now its sourcing wheels and buying coilovers end of month :)

havent got round to much last 2 months as ive been ill. coilovers are on their way and wheels are here.decided on some aftermarkets that will look awsome but only 15 but wide! il get some preview pics up as im not fitting unil coilovers are on.still on schedule for ford fair . just need cleaning the body up and splitter and wind deflectors :)

coilovers have arrived but wont be fitted until next week,spent the last week fitting tyres to the wheels and test fitting them,all going well so far and wheels are balanced ready,so after coilovers i need to get it tracked up , as from the photos you can see ive got it rough working on a downhill gravel drive!!

Back