project puma mk2 1.7 melina blue

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: 1.7

Re: project puma mk2 1.7 melina blue

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:07 pm

onto the next upgade even if its just for looks
had some purple brake caliper paint left after doing my front brake upgrade. So i thought i would paint my drums.
first jack car up and remove wheel
then i got my drill out with a sanding disc attached and removed any rust back to metal
then painted them purple looking good
showing drum
then i greased the back of the wheels where they contact the drums to stop them sticking and when paint was dry put wheels back on
still waiting for photos forgot to take at the time
0 x

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:18 pm

today at work my friend adrian polished my gear stick nob as he is a professional polisher.
looking mint below
0 x

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:34 pm

hi my next upgrade is the rear susspension bushes they turned up today and hopefully be fitting the tommorrow i have got stuck here at the moment undone passenger side took bolt out coulnt shift the old on out 15 years of rust is like weld. will try again soon drill all the old one out and saw the remainder just got to have the time and weather for it.
Last edited by demonskull13 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:38 pm

i have under sealed the four wheel arches heres the front
more photots to follow will also be doing the whole of the chassis
jason

:thumbs: :ok:

cant waste any more of these tescos bags now they have started charging lol
Last edited by demonskull13 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:22 pm

hi all as you all will know about the parcel shelf problem of it keeps coming out of its runners,some people have used cloths pegs ect but i have worked out a permenant fix all you will need is your parcel shelf and a hot glue gun avalible from ebay for
£4.50 its called babz glue gun it is a very easy fix.

first heat up the glue gun
then wrap the insides of the stopers with hot glue so its as big as the tip.
then tidyly wrap it round the inside so it looks like below
and below the finished parcel shelf
then just put it back in your puma dont worry about the looks its un noticeable and if you dont like it or get it wrong you can cut the glue back off. now your parcel shelf shouldnt rattle and it is fully operational if you think its to loose just add extra glue until your happy and any lumps you have can be cut with a craft knife. i hope this helps people out also when you open the boot now it doesnt slide out like mine used to.

Jason

:thumbs: :pose2: :ok:
0 x

marco.da.man
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby marco.da.man » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:44 pm

great post demonskull,

few questions please mate to ask, 1, where did you wire ka boot release catch into and how did you do it ? 2, neons around grill, where did you buy from and where have you wired them too and are they on a switch or come on with lights ? 3, what heat resistant spray did you use for engine bay cover and calipers ? 4, I'm thinking off putting a tv not a sub in my boot, where would you wire too or put a converter into ?
5, what mil ply did you use and size timber ?

sorry about questions mark
0 x
Mark

demonskull13
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby demonskull13 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:44 am

right Marco.da.man the boot button ka switch i have put in i got the info of wild e coyoto and theres a link below
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26486&p=345381&hilit=ford+ka+boot+switch#p345381
the neons round the grill are off ebay and when you indicate flash orange the white part of leds is wired to the side light while the indicator is wired to the idicator they cost £9.00 but the neons can go so every so often have to replace mainly in the winter
the engine cover spray was just standered purple whilst the calipers are little tins off ebay that cost £10 and youll have enough for all the calipers and drums. hope this helps you

Jason

:P :thumbs: :ok:
0 x

Return to “ProjectPuma”