My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!
Model: 1.7

Postby PumaJay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Brian' wrote:Great update Jay! Was wondering if the Direnza radiator is a straight swap for the standard item.

We'll soon find out... I think it is. I'm waiting for my slim line fan to arrive before fitting it though.

Wild E. Coyote wrote:Ah, shiney thingies! Always a happy moment when they are being put on a car.... :wink:

One question: I see almost all of the hoses ae now silicone ones. Is that silicone oil resistant (namely for the oil breather I see on the engine....?

The ones for oil are fluro lined

trublustu wrote:Source of the post Nice rad and orange theme..
The vibra technics mounts are a must.
all good stuff.

I popped back into compbrake today and had another chat with them.
They have found a 45mm front top mount which would be a very simple fit to the Puma.
Catalugue number is CMB0160. It`s listed for a Clio. Gold in the catalogue but black in the stock room!
The rear mount (what I picked up today) is correct as listed for the Mk/5 Fiesta, CMB1188.

Your cars looking good..

Good to know, I'l check them out and add them to the suspension overhaul shopping list.

Hoping to have some more time on the car this weekend to get a few jobs done. I'm up against it at the moment trying to get the car ready for Rockingham on March 25th but I got away for 2 weeks on the 9th so I've only got this weekend and next to make sure its good to go!
0 x

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!

Postby PumaJay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Managed to get the gearbox mount fitted last night now it has its nice new vibra-technic bush pressed in. Will be fitting the torque link in the next few days as well.

Hopefully car is now/almost ready for Rockingham on March 25th.
0 x

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!

Postby PumaJay » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Had my first outing in the car yesterday, took the car to Rockingham for the latest #TrackAddict track day. Was a bit of a rush to get the car ready as I needed to replace both drive shafts.... unfortunately/fortunately I've been in Cuba for two weeks so I only had Friday afternoon to get the work done....

Jet lagged and hyped up on caffeine I managed to get it done and ready for some track action. The car was pretty much faultless throughout the day and with the new Vibra-technics engine mounts it felt a lot more responsive. It was also the first chance I had to properly test the new aero package and I can confirm the rear wing works! I could take turn 1 flat anyway but it always felt a bit twitchy at 110 mph, now, with the added drag im heading through at 105mph but its so much more stable, it felt glued to the road.

onboard video with the instructor in the car, turns out im not sh*t

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnrJJ1xulgI&t=366s[/youtube]

I'm already prepping for the next one, cadwell park on 10th May and more mods coming... car now has the front end stripped down ready for bigger rad and silicone hoses.
1 x

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!

Postby PumaJay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Wasted no time yesterday in getting the car ready for the next track in 6 weeks at Cadwell Park. I made a start stripping the front end down, removed the radiator, fan, coolant hoses. Started to replace the hoses for the new silicone ones and I'l hopefully be finishing it off next weekend with new alloy rad and slimline fan.

Few pics....poor quality iphone but you get the idea.

ImageUntitled by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

3 x

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!

Postby PumaJay » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Spent last night fitting the last of my coolant hoses... although I have 3 small ones left over and I cant work out where they go. 2 x small bore right angle hoses and small bore "S" bend.

Oh... and a few pictures of the car on track, more to follow.

Imagetrackaddict-rockingham-2017-jordanbutters-speedhunters-41 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Imagetrackaddict-rockingham-2017-jordanbutters-speedhunters-133 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Imagetrackaddict-rockingham-2017-jordanbutters-speedhunters-146 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr
2 x

Return to “ProjectPuma”