My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!
Model: 1.7

Postby PumaJay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Brian' wrote:Great update Jay! Was wondering if the Direnza radiator is a straight swap for the standard item.

We'll soon find out... I think it is. I'm waiting for my slim line fan to arrive before fitting it though.

Wild E. Coyote wrote:Ah, shiney thingies! Always a happy moment when they are being put on a car.... :wink:

One question: I see almost all of the hoses ae now silicone ones. Is that silicone oil resistant (namely for the oil breather I see on the engine....?

The ones for oil are fluro lined

trublustu wrote:Source of the post Nice rad and orange theme..
The vibra technics mounts are a must.
all good stuff.

I popped back into compbrake today and had another chat with them.
They have found a 45mm front top mount which would be a very simple fit to the Puma.
Catalugue number is CMB0160. It`s listed for a Clio. Gold in the catalogue but black in the stock room!
The rear mount (what I picked up today) is correct as listed for the Mk/5 Fiesta, CMB1188.

Your cars looking good..

Good to know, I'l check them out and add them to the suspension overhaul shopping list.

Hoping to have some more time on the car this weekend to get a few jobs done. I'm up against it at the moment trying to get the car ready for Rockingham on March 25th but I got away for 2 weeks on the 9th so I've only got this weekend and next to make sure its good to go!
0 x

PumaJay
Guru!
Guru!
Model: 1.7

Postby PumaJay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Managed to get the gearbox mount fitted last night now it has its nice new vibra-technic bush pressed in. Will be fitting the torque link in the next few days as well.

Hopefully car is now/almost ready for Rockingham on March 25th.
0 x

Return to “ProjectPuma”