#165 For Sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VorTeX

The sad sad day has finally come :(

After 3 years of ownership my new job means that I need to get a car that will be able to handle more miles!

I will start with a brief overview of my ownership with number 165 and what I have done to it...

96000 miles
Service history
MOT January 2012
Tax June 2012
Price: £3950

New front tyres are going on the car in the next week.
New front brake pads just fitted
New Offside front CV Joint and knuckle
New Fiesta ST clutch fitted a few months ago
New Auxilary belt
4 New Racing Puma alloys fitted
Carbon Fibre front splitter
New Rear discs and pads being fitted today
Refurbished Alcon calipers fitted (Courtesy of ElDooood)
Alcon front discs fitted about 2 years ago
Ford Racing centre caps fitted.
Fairly new battery fitted (Withing the last few months)

I also have a set of 30mm spacers with the correct bolts kicking about somewhere which I will dig out. Never got around to fitting these but they will make it look like the press release cars :).

I will also be fitting a cleaner steering wheel prior to the sale.

Previous owners work to #165 (His project thread for http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1103)
Full engine rebuild
new throttle body
new Hego sensor
new abs sensor
icv valve
cambelt
Replaced all the oilseals
New driveshafts

P1030394.jpg

P1030396.jpg

P1030395.jpg

P1030397.jpg

P1030398.jpg

P1030400.jpg

P1030399.jpg

P1030401.jpg

P1030418.jpg

P1030410.jpg

FRP #165 drives superbly and has never let me down, I have driven the car for around 30,000 miles and it has started first time every time.

The interior is in good condition and there are no rips or tears in any of the seats, there is only slight bobbling on both seat bases. I have a tailor made seat cover for the drivers side seat and a generic Sparco seat cover for the passenger side to try and stop the bobbling.

The brakes were serviced in July 2009 by Chris (eldude) which included a full strip clean and rebuild, new bridge pipe, new Alcon pads and new Alcon Discs.

Unfortunately there are bad parts to the car as well.. There is slight bubbling to the NSR wing as the pictures show:

P1030406.jpg

The black is KRust that I have applied to it to try and prevent it spreading, it looks worse in the photo.

P1030407.jpg

P1030408.jpg

The is a slight dink to this wing to (Prior to my ownership)

P1030405.jpg

OSR Wing bubbling

P1030402.jpg

P1030403.jpg

The only slight mishap I have had was slightly misjudging a turn in a multistory car park and brushed the bumper slightly:

P1030409.jpg

The passenger side sill has a weird gouge (Again prior to my ownership) that really needs to be sorted. The black is the Krust.

P1030421.jpg

The car is unfortunately NOT HPI clear and has been rebuilt in its life time. This was carried out by Pumaspeed in 2002 using a donor chassis and brand new original Racing Puma parts.

If you would like me to email you any more photos or you would like any more information please do not hesitate to call me on 07860166863, PM me or email me [email protected]

My project thread from the forum can be found here http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2085

The private plate will be included in the sale.

This is the only place the car is currently advertised and since I'd rather it go to an enthusiast that will resolve it's faults I will actually accept a good lower offer from a member of the site.

Hope you don't mind me adding a few penneth worth as I know it's frowned upon by the mods in for sale threads so if you want it removing no problem ;)

If you've thought of a price and your happy to sell it for that price then maybe just put a few quid more on to test the water and give you a bit of negotiating room (which I believe you have anyway). If it doesn't get much interest then you can drop it and not feel like your selling yourself short as you have a figure in your head. If it sells for what you want then your happy and the buyer will be if he believe's he's getting a bargain.

Too many people have far too optimistic values in their head and wonder why their car doesn't sell. I'm under no illusions that I could get anywhere near what I've spent on my car back when I sell it, but far too often you see people saying/asking for just that.

Do some research on what's out there and try to compare condition etc and price accordingly but be prepared to drop if you need a fast sale.

Hope you get a buyer quickly whatever you do :eek:k:

I'd go with yip mate. I would put it up for 5k personally first and see what happens.

Good honest advert and it's looking in good nick from the pics. :)

May have some luck through pistonheads too :)

Either way good luck with the sale and hope it goes to a good home mate

sad to see this mate!!

Still one of the nicer examples despite the few niggles, 4.5k - 5k would be a very reasonable starting price but then it depends how quick you want to shift!

Good luck with the sale :)

Thanks all :) your comments they really help!

If I could I really would garage it and save for a respray and get the rust sorted as that has been my intention for a while.

All the car really needs is the rear arches and sills doing and I was quoted about £350ish to do them.
It does have the usual stone chips around the car hence the respray needed.

Despite this the car cleans up really well and the photos of the car itself I have taken do it justice as it does look that shiny :).

£3950.00 sounds fair to me with the bodywork that needs doing and the mileage, private plate will appeal too good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back