2001 1.6 Puma Not starting...Help!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHBREE

Hi all, i'm abit of a Puma newbie, only just recently joined too!

I have had my Puma for about 6 weeks and it hasn't missed a beat, up until yesterday.

I tried starting it and nothing, engine not turning over, no fuel pump priming noise, dash lights illuminate, and radio comes on. so abit confused. Iv not tried bumping it yet, will try this when I get home later, the central locking still works from the fob, so its not the fobs fault (please correct me if im wrong?)

Im sure this is a discussed issue, any help from experienced puma owners will be much appreciated!

Cheers in advance, Rich B

when you turn the ignition do the dials do a sweeping movement???
if so dead battery,most probably dead battery anyway try a jump start 1st if it does start it then change battery

Indeed they do, surprised the battery just died overnight though, i'm suspecting the missus may have left the interior light on now!!

i'll try bumping when I get home, then take it for a spin....maybe get a charger on it.

...thanks for the advice! R

My girlfriend had the same thing happen on her Peugeot 106.. replaced the battery and same thing happened 2 weeks later. Tuned out to be the alternator.

Latest posts

Back