A question re abs sensor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdave

Just removed front hub from Puma as it needs a new hub bearing(local garage to press it out}).All came apart OK except how the fcuk do you remove the abs sensor?both retaining bolts remove but cannot move it from hub.Doesn't matter in this instance but im doing sons abs sensor which is not working on his o/side front hub next week and I'm at a loss how that will come out .Can't punch it through fom out side or it will damage sensor ring,can't use heat because of proximity of wheel bearing ???

Basically, you will have to brake it and be carefull not to damage the tone ring. After that, you dremel an opening a bit to make it clean of the rust to be able to put in the new one and that is it.....

As Sinisa says, if you have managed to get the holding bolt out without breaking it you've done the hardest bit.
Barry

Cheers ,I haven't even looked at the the car with the duff sensor(apart from checking sensor) but did notice retaining bolt on sensor looked as if its seen better days.Why are modernish cars such a fcuk to work on?????.Old jags and Ford's are solo easy to maintain.

Just a tip if it helps. I put a stainless bolt in then sawed the head off and used a stainless nut on to secure it so it won't rust on again (the sensor retaining bolt).
Barry

Latest posts

Back