Admiral Insurance - Any Opinions ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catweasel

Insurance on my multicar policy is coming up for renewal. Although happy with my current insurer Aviva I always get alternative quotes.

Admiral has come up with a quote of £506.17 to comprehensively cover all three cars, MX-5, GT86 and Ford Puma which appears to be a very good price. Unfortunately Admiral gets some absolutely diabolical reviews from policy holders.

Has anyone any recent experience of Admiral and can give an honest opinion of them, please ?

I've been with Admiral for nearly 12 months and was with Aviva before. Admiral's multi-car price was not much more than 50% of Aviva's price. I had been with Aviva for years and they couldn't get near Admiral's price. In addition, in Admiral's price, they include insurance for going abroad, which Aviva didn't. I recently added a 2014 Citroen C4 Exclusive 1.6 diesel to the policy and the additional annual premium was £165 (Fully Comp, replacement car, Legal Aid etc).

I was with Admiral for about 4 years consecutively - never had any problems, they would always match or beat any price I went to them with near renewal time. Obviously they'd try it on and crank the price up, hoping I wouldn't notice and let it renew automatically; but they all do that.

Never had to make a claim, so I can't vouch for them in that respect.

Only switched because they couldn't match a considerably better quote from elsewhere this year.

Having done a little research recently I found that generally speaking people who go to the trouble of filling in reviews are the ones who are unhappy with something rather than happy customers.

Insurance companies really aren't everyone's favourite way to spend money.

I'm with Admiral and have been for a few years. haven't had to claim yet, the rest of my experience has been quite painless.

No one likes any insurance company, lets be honest!

But ive been with admiral for a few years now, always had 2/3 cars on the policy and i can fault them, very helpful, never call you with sales crap, just a good insurance company who are modification friendly! I listed all my mods on the puma an it put my policy up by just £30!!

Hi,

If you haven't already, please do feel free to give us a try - I'm sure we could help.

Feel free to PM me some details & I can arrange a call back.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks Dan but sorry that I have only just spotted your post.

Have already gone with LV=, a Defaqto 5 star insurer like Aviva, as they have undercut both Admiral and Aviva by a large margin for insuring all three cars fully comp with protected NCB.

Back