Aerial wire

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydrew

Hi all,
Looking for some advice please. Have just got my first Puma but the radio doesn't work. CD player does and an old service report suggests that the aerial wire in the roof may be broken. How easy is this to fix or replace or are there any guides available for this? Can an aftermarket aerial be fitted easily.

Many thanks - need this sorting as my CD collection is rubbish...

Cheers

I suppose anythings possible but an aerial wire breaking isn't something I have heard of before, however the radio itself not working is a possibility. Have you got a mate with a ford cd radio and some radio pins to try a swap over to see if its the radio or aerial?

If it is an aerial wire problem an aftermarket aerial and cable is an option you would have to remove the headlining or at least lower it at the front and find somewhere to route it down behind the A post trim and behind your dashboard.

Mostly likely to be a fault in the radio. These units do not seem to enjoy a long life and fail suddenly but leave the CD working normally.

Thanks guys. I checked the connection to the aerial in the roof and at the back of the stereo - both seemed to be fine. Tried to rig up a different temporary aerial which also didn't work so I guess it's probably a fault in the radio as you suggest. Probably time for a new head unit from the look of things.

If I go with a single din unit is it best to try and get a kit from ford? Some of the aftermarket ones seems to get bad reviews on here?

Cheers

Have a look in the sale items on here or eBay, I bet Quest63 has one in his stash of stuff.
Give him a PM

I got a single din pioneer and have no complaints about it. Far superior to the 6006 anyway :lol:

Back