Alarm problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tp3000

Hi all,
I've been having some problems with the alarm going off when left outside. Never seems to go off in the garage - must be the cold weather LOL

So, I've read through a lot of the threads on here, and it seems the likely culprit are the door lock switches. But I saw that some say you can pull a plug out of the module behind the carpet in the drivers footwell. I've been looking for this but not sure. Here is a picture of my footwell

IMAG0188.jpg

A bit of a rubbish pic, but all I can see is this thing that is taped up, looks a bit aftermarket. Could be for a hands free phone kit maybe? Am I in the right place for the alarm module? I unplugged this and the central locking is still working. ps first time uploading a pic, will dropbox work - apologies if not....

The next step was simply to stop the noise so at least it's less anti-social. I believe the alarm hooter is behind the rear driver's side trim panel. On the right of this picture, yes? See I've disconnected the live and taped it up?

IMAG0191.jpg

Next step is to get the door trims off and I was planning to bypass the switch by cutting the wires and soldering them up to make the ECU think the door is always shut. Anyone tried this before? Will it work?

I'm off to find out!

Cheers,
Tony

Hi,
I put the two photos on photobucket so let's try that linking thing again shall we?

Footwell:

IMAG0188_zpsdd81391d.jpg

Rear speaker area:

IMAG0191_zpsc5bd1a40.jpg

How's that?
Tony

Could be the wind lifting the bonnet slightly thats making your alarm go off. the plunger switch on the front slam panel gets dirt in the contacts and they can play up

Hiya,
Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I thought the bonnet switch first too. I've removed the switch and soldered the two wires together on the assumption that completes the circuit so the thing thinks it's shut all the time.

It made no difference to the symptoms :-(
Tony

Hi all,
After disconnecting (pulling the wire off) the alarm siren, I thought I'd try to find the cause of the alarm triggering. Gradually, I am bypassing all the switches, by disconnecting the wires and soldering them together.

So far I've done the bonnet and the drivers door. I checked against the Fiesta wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual. The door lock switch has two wires going to it from the control unit, and an earth. The switch connects all three together. I figured I would try soldering all three together and see what happens.

So far so good. I've still got the remote locking working, including the double locks. Plus the engine starts, so I've not immobilised it! And so far, the alarm hasn't gone off again.

Result! Happy Puma driver again :grin: :grin: :grin:
Tony

Back