another hcv question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpuma

hi all...my heater blows cold air on all fan speeds...after taking a look under the bonnet i have noticed someone has done a bodge job on the hcv before i got the car... the 2 pipes that go in to the hcv on the engine side have been joined together . was this done because there was a problem with the matrix ...there is no flow of water going into the hcv if ye know what i mean ...can someone explain this ...thanks

Irishpuma said:
[post]366113[/post] can someone explain this ...thanks
On failure of the HCV (or the connector going to it) it defaults to a 'full hot' state and this sounds like what has happened with yours. Then, so that they didn't roast, they bypassed the whole heating system.

It's also possible that the heater matrix leaked like a sieve, but this is unlikely.

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=358678#p358678

HCV or matrix, difficult to know why they've isolated it, as Frank says if the valve fails you'd have full hot so I suspect its currently in summer mode which is bypass completely.

Difficult to say without connecting it back up and watching the symptoms. HCV failure being far more common than a matrix leak. Although that latter not unknown.

Back