armourfend/paint shield

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddy

in the next couple of months i am going to get my rear arches and front end re-spray and was wondering if anyone has use it before and where they got it from

thanks ed

Zara#014 has it on her FRP, but as she's not active around here anymore, I'd suggest you PM spike. who should be able to give you all the info you need.

From what I've heard, it's great at protecting the paintwork (as it should be), but it's a pain in the rear when it comes to cleaning and detailing.

I had it put on my FRP after a respray nearly 3 years ago now, and I think people would agree #14 looked great last weekend.

Its not really that hard to clean, just use non-petroleum products, and wax it the same as the rest of the car.

Oh, Piantsheild is the best to have done, as only fitted by their own people, at their base, where as amourfend is fitted by any old franchise, so the quality of installation will vary.

My FRP is fully armourfended front end and rear arches, it protects it well but the thing I dont like is you do get a visible line where it ends that looks like a big scratch across the bonnet/wings that picks up the wax when you polish the car, also in my installation it also has an everso slightly rippled finish so you cant get the mirror gloss shine you can get on paintwork.

I am going to have a respray at some point, but will only armourfend the rear arches.

Simon

Thats cos you got a rubbish armourfend package, painsheild does full panel kits, the whole front wing, the whole bonnet etc.

The Paintsheild product is a much better product, and you can get a perfect shine in it...

P1090816.jpg

ok thanks guys. i have paintshiel on the rear arch at the moment and every one says look at that scratch but its not. think i will get the whole panel done when i do.

ho yer just go this month fast ford and at the back is puma build. i was looking through thier page and saw that they do a full respray for £1500 sarting price. just wondering if any one has had any paint work done by them and what was it like and how long did they take???????

Peter Bowman had his done at PB, proper job windows out etc looks better than ford did originally thats for sure see attached. It was more than the £1500 though but not by much from memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/4586596395/in/photostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon

The only reason I criticise the armourfend on my car is because I am a perfectionist, most people dont notice the seam, cant beat a good bit of polished paintwork.

P1000915.jpg

It was a shame amourfend didn't do a full panel kit, as you say the edge looks like a scratch.

Paintsheild did my bonnet like a wrap so has no edges on it at all now

Pumabuild arn't allowed to fit paintsheild, as they only allow their fitters to do it at their unit, to ensure a high quaility job every time.

Pumabuild may be a franchise for a similar product, but I wouldn't want it fitted in a mechanical workshop, with all the dust floating about

Latest posts

Back