BAD: Mr. Clutch Gateshead

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

This applies to ANY branch of Mr. Clutch from what I've read, but specifically the one in Gateshead.

Took my Hyundai in for a new clutch costing around £320. They then told me I needed a new dual-mass flywheel too, which the computer hadn't noticed my car had, which would ramp the total up to £827!!

But it doesn't end there: they took the car for a test drive, and managed to blow up the gearbox somehow! They wouldn't admit liability at first, but after calls to head office and an independent investigation, they were forced to supply and fit a new gearbox "as a gesture of goodwill", and also knocked some money off the original bill.

Needless to say, they seem like a bunch of monkeys with spanners, and don't seem to have a clue what they actually need to do to repair a car successfully. Avoid them like the plague!!

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has had good experiences from mr clutch but I think I will steer clear

Know a few people that have used Mr. Clutch. Yeh they might be a little over priced but have always done a good job, and quickly.

Took the girlfriends car to an independant garage nearby. They kept it all weekend, took the car apart and then said 'oh we don't have the parts, we need the car another few days'.
Then tried to charge us to put it back together when we asked for the car back. Eventually got the car back with no charge, but took it Mr Clutch and the first thing they said was 'someone has had this apart before haven't they.. half the bolts are missing and they done a cowboy job'.

Mr. Clutch done it all in a day, with some other work too.

Well experiences differ between customers. Which Mr. Clutch branch are you talking about Gaz? I'm specifically talking about the one on Gateshead really based on past experience, but a lot of motor review forums have a lot of similar bad comments about the entire brand.

Back